Thursday, February 7, 2013

A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes - I sucked those BAD befuddled thoughts out of my head. Picked a couple of projects and focused.

Customer quilt DONE!!!!!   I really MUST be more careful when bringing in the quilts. This one had barely enough backing to load on the machine. Now while I CAN quilt it, there is NO guarantee how neat some of the edges are going to be. I shall speak with the owner today about this for future quilts. 
Here is detail of the quilting. 


I MUST also talk to EVERYONE about the importance of putting borders by MEASURING them. MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE - I think I shall just have to start telling everyone whether they want to know or not!!!!!!    I HATE quilting a quilt that has at least ONE INCH difference between the center and the edge.


Then I got myself in gear and thought I would load another quilt. It was a day of experimentation as this quilt was already BASTED. Normally I would take it apart - well normally, I DO NOT get pre basted quilts. But this was for the community projects at one of my guilds. Since it was flannel and WELL basted with spray, I though I would present myself a challenge and quilt it as it was basted. Plus the fact that it was not a big quilt.

So I changed the thread, re positioned the SAME pattern, loaded the BACKING only and quilted away.

Community project quilt


Detail of quilting

Have fun doing those and got lots more lined up to get quilted.

My girls like to spend time outside especially if their PEEPS are not home (I do not count as a peep unless I have food or treats or a leash in my hand). They want to be outside to greet their peeps when they come home. They are just silly girls. Well several times, I looked out and could not see Sammy. She is becoming less of a velcro dog these days. Couldn't find her. Well she seems to have developed a passion for the pond and often just sitts there. See how she blends in...............


A new pond ornament!!!!!!!!!!


I took THREE pictures and in all three - I couldn't get her to look at the camera or her eyes were shut!!!!  I guess I need that new Blackberry which has the ability to fix this!!!!!


Then out last night to teach Dragon Star. I have to say that that class is AMAZING. No matter what I throw at them for homework - they are back with all the work done and ANXIOUS for more. There was also some talk about going home and doing it IMMEDIATELY or pretty close!!!!!


Have a look at their homework...............    (they had to make the pieces that are shown in the first two photos, but I only took the picture of the square block for the others since the colouring of the two sections are the same). They had to make FOUR SQUARES and FOUR of the curvy pieces. Notice the colouring - they all choose something different in the number of fabrics they put in the spikes.
Sheila  (I never noticed last night, but that background is a bit directional, but it really works in this quilt and gives a lot of movement to the background)


Sheila
Joyce


Lynn

Judy


|Andrea

Atty

Liz

Marnie


Shoot - I missed taking a picture of Angela's blocks - but they were DONE. And Teresa is working to catch up. You CAN DO IT!!!!!


And I have to STOP taking books out of the library!!!!!   First - I can't STOP reading the darn things. I get caught up in a thriller (Jefferson Bass is also an EXCELLENT author - forensic anthropology). And now I have reached my limit of 50 books from the library (hey - some are for DH and some are for M  - yes I manage their books for them!!!!!)

On that note - another wild and wacky day and I had better get started.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment