Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hip Hop!!!!!!!!!!!!


I know I have raved about this pattern before, but I am going to RAVE about it again!!!!!!

Yesterday was day two of a two day class on Hopscotch by The Quilt Patch in MooseJaw.
Now this pattern is the simplest, easiest and FASTEST pattern I have ever made. You can make it big, you can make it small, but you CANNOT just make ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Go on - get the pattern and try to just make one! - You can't!!!!

Have a look at what the girls brought in yesterday. We cut and made the blocks last week, they were supposed to get the top together so we could add the borders............


This was an EXTRA top that Sacha made - just because (well she always wanted a pink and green  quilt!!!)
Here is the one (out of funky Christmas fabric) that she started last week

Vivenda went nuts and made an entire "extra" top including the borders


This is Vivenda's top that she was working on last week

Bonnie made this gorgeous purple one. 

Donna made hers from Orientals

Barb made this one from beiges. She was making a blue/yellow one, but it suffered an unfortunate accident that was  NOT recoverable (in her mind). If she saw what I use to sew - well - I am sure we could have recovered something from it!!!!



I've made this quilt with blue/white florals and a second one of this colouring is cut out - just no time to sew it together yet. Don't forget that mine is QUILTED - how cool is that - I NEVER get my samples quilted.

My blue/white floral Hopscotch


And of course do not forget all those Halloween ones that we made back in the fall...............



Halloween Hopscotch (there were 11 different versions of borders on the 11 Halloween quilts we made)


And you should have heard the girls yesterday. I have a bunch of Christmas fabric - I am going to cut it up. I have a bundle of whatever - I am going to go home and cut it up!!!!!!!!!!!!   It really is a contagious little quilt.




Seriously - if you do NOT have this pattern - you should get it. Call The Quilt Patch or The Hobby Horse now carries this pattern. It is a simple, yet brilliant design which is why it is fast and easy.


On that note - what can I cut up for the next Hopscotch???  OK - I have to sew the blue and white one first!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment