Friday, February 8, 2013

FIT but FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



It's a SNOW day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    M is home safely cuddled up in bed with the girls. I got up and looked out to see that we had NOT had a lot of snow like it was forecast last night. So I trundled off to the gym. There were NOT  a lot of people in our class nor the entire gym, but we had a great workout.

Then came the BAD news. This weekend kicks off the 90 day challenge. Those that wanted to join a team (the fitness leaders are the team leaders) and there will be special events taking place over the next three months. The first was the WEIGH IN. Oh dear - do we really have to do this??????   All it did was confirm that I am FIT, but FAT. Yes - I am in the overweight category!!!!!!!!!!    THIRTY percent of my body is FAT. Is that not depressing??????????????   Just border line on OBESE (which is 32%) - now that is scary - who makes up these numbers??????   Some skinny white girl!!!!!


HEY - I just found this chart that says I am in the healthy range.


Fat percentage charts


And this one says that I am at the high end of average (and not in the good way)

Fat percentage charts - take two



I am setting a goal - can I lose the 10 pounds that I want and can I reduce the body fat to 25%??????   Then I would be perfectly happy happy happy. I have a plan - first I am going to do a detox. Oh yummy - that sounds like a lot of fun. But I have heard MANY good things about detox from people who have done them. It basically is a way of getting rid of all the toxins in your body so then you can start "fresh".   On this detox, you get to eat LOTS of green vegetables - plus protein shakes. THEN comes the NEW eating plan. Meals AND snacks MUST be scheduled and planned. Now I know this sounds like a lot of work, but I don't think it is going to be all that bad. I mean - how hard is it to say - my morning snack is a 1/4 cup almonds and an apple. The big thing is to have those ingredients on hand!!!!   And I don't care if I eat the same thing every day - whatever is easiest!!!!!!!!!!    Even DH is getting into it - he came home and had a salad last night because he had had a big lunch. Oh yes - we are all going to have fun with this!!!!!!!!!!


I might even schedule a chocolate square or two in that new eating plan. In most cases, our desire for something sweet is satisfied in the first two bites - we just eat the rest because it is there. Well - a couple of weeks to go - heck ONE week to go before I start. And yes - the 30 days with no sugar is going to happen - all of this is part of that.

Just to recap for those of you who want to do something about your sugar/diet habits:

1. You can go cold turkey or look into a detox program to kick start (cost about $200)
2. SCHEDULE what times you are going to eat - yes I know this is hard, BUT what is more important - getting healthy OR work??????   This includes SNACKS - the key here is DO NOT let yourself get hungry - that is when we run into trouble - then we GORGE ourselves because we are starving. Schedule the snacks for 15 - 30 minutes BEFORE you know you are going to be hungry. Come on - you know that at 3:30 everyday - you are fading. Then eat 30 minutes before that time.
3. PLAN what you are going to eat. Have a BIG healthy breakfast with PROTEIN. If you don't have time in the morning, then prepare some of it the night before. Chicken bacon or turkey bacon are EXCELLENT subs for pork bacon. And you DO NOT need more than 2 pieces.
4. Keep a small diary of what you eat today and when and why and where. This will help with your planning and scheduling. We are all trying very hard to eat at home, not on the run.
5. Try to eat your biggest meals at breakfast and lunch, smaller at dinner.


OK - enough about that.   And no I DO NOT have a complex about my weight - just a desire (got to make that a BURNING desire) to do something about it. The thing that I have learned over my life because I have "battled" my weight all my life (or been very conscious of it) is that NO MATTER how thin you are, or how much you weight or what your BMI or fat content is - you always want to be skinnier. Well - I am older so that desire is gone (well mostly gone!!!!)


I will make another post that is quilt related.


Before I go - have a look at the snow.


This was taken yesterday. Yes - Sammy is OBSESSED with the pond. Here she is standing on the ice. You can the heater is keeping a nice big spot open. I now know that my heater from before was a piece of crap because that pond always froze over!!!!!!

This is looking towards the pond - middle right. The rocks are completely covered and there is a LOT of snow built up. Oh dear - I guess I am going to have to shovel at some point today!!!!!!!!!!!!



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment