Monday, February 25, 2013

Threads of colour!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Another successful sit n sew day on Sunday. The girls were very productive........


Sharron got this top put together and I pressed it for her. This is the 1600 quilt made with the strips. Instead of using a jelly roll - she just cut up fabric. 

Ronda got her over sized Hopscotch quilt together. 
Mary worked on some bags and hand embroidery, Katheleen was working on a couple of projects as well,  including Circle of Life. And lots more, but I didn't get pictures of everything. My silly camera is on the fritz. Sometimes it take a picture and sometimes it doesn't. It appears the AUTO FOCUS is the culprit and I can't see a flipping thing to focus it manually - should I put my glasses on or off. Either way the pictures were blurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I also managed to get some work done since the girls were not that busy with pressing. Oh crap - OK - so most of them pressed their own stuff.

Got all the blocks completed for a Hopscotch. I haven't rearranged these yet - just threw them on the wall. 


BUT - look what else I was doing................


Remember my neat tray for the enders and leaders project?????   Well  - look at this compartment. It is getting empty. I decided instead of adding these to the HUGE collection I already have, that I would try to find something to do with these right away. 

AHA - found a unit that works...............
Got a block done
Got FOUR blocks done


And how big are they???????


SMALL!!!!!



But I love working on stuff like this. I hope I have enough pieces to make nine blocks. I don't think so, so I may have to make up a few more pieces to get my nine blocks.


After the class yesterday, I was trying to find that small embroidery hoop that I have used in the past. I've looked EVERYWHERE. Well not everywhere obviously since I can't locate it. Then I went into another closet and found  this.......................


AHA - the case that I USED to use for handwork - maybe the hoop is in here?????

Oh - lots of hand work supplies and even a PROJECT, and YES - there was a hoop in here.  YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Now it is on the hook with the rest of the hoops. 


I mentioned the other day that I had to buy some thread to finish a quilt. Well ME being ME doesn't just buy thread - I buy THREAD.

This is the brand of thread that I started with on my long arm. While it isn't as fancy as some of the other threads, I am GUARANTEED that it works perfectly (well not guaranteed - but I KNOW) that it works perfectly in the machine and I don't want to fuss with the tension. And not only did I need this one colour, but I was getting low in a couple of others and still others that I was missing.


The BOX of thread
Ooooh - I love opening boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!
My CANSEW thread BEFORE I opened the box
All of this was in the box

The shelf now!!!!!!!!   Well stocked will every possible colour!!!!!!!!  (hopefully)



Well - I must run - I have loads of stuff to do (as usual).

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment