Saturday, February 23, 2013

Fun day with friends!!!!!!!!!!!!


After an AMAZING workout at the gym. Friday is my favourite day - that is when we work out as a group on the treadmills. I LOVE it. I have decided that I am going to set a goal - I WANT to get rid of FAT. I hate being FIT but FAT. I don't care about POUNDS - I want to lose 5% body fat. Of course that will result in the loss of pounds, but that isn't what is important to me now.

The first thing is to find the ZONE where I burn fat and you need a heart rate monitor for that. Already got one and use it, but NOT WELL. So the other night, I slept with my heart rate monitor so I could see my resting heart rate. That is your heart rate BEFORE you even get out of bed in the morning. Mine is 52 which is pretty good since the average is between 60 and 80. (Oh and LOWER is better!!!). Now to find the maximum (that I DO NOT want to do - a LOT of huffing and puffing required for that) and then to work out the zones. AH - a new obsession!!!!!


BUT yesterday was also a Pampered Sit n Sew Day and we had a FULL HOUSE. There were 10 people signed up and they all showed up. I make or provide lunch on these days and Thursday night, I was busy making Shepherd's Pie for everyone.


When was the last time I used THREE burners at the same time on the stove????   

Two HUGE pans of shepherd's pie. Haven't put the potatoes on yet. It looks nicer this way - I am a messy potatoe putter on!!!!

Of course - I had to tidy up the room before they came. Honestly, I put everything on those shelves and I thought that I am in the clear. BUT NO - there was crap all over the tables. I just can't seem to get those odd things cleaned up. Of course a few new things sneak in, but honestly - I have to solve this problem and I don't know how. BUT - it didn't take long - a couple of IKEA bags and a laundry basket or two and the room is tidy!!!!!


The calm before the storm
Joyce, Ruth and Lisa hard at work

Everyone abandoned Judy and left her to work on her own!!!



Cathy and Tish chatting up a storm

Mary and Enicka (I hope I spelled that correctly). Oh there is Pauline pressing in the background. HEY - I thought I was supposed to be the presser. Oh well - I couldn't keep up with them and I wanted to get some pictures!!!!!!!   I never did get a picture of Kay. 


Now what were they working on?????   A number of them were working on their Stonehenge blocks from the class on Tuesday. Well I had fun trying to keep track of whose blocks belonged to whom, but I think we got it all sorted out. Lisa was working on Dear Jane,  some applique, borders were also worked on. I did not get pictures of it all - too busy!!!!!!!!!!!

I did managed to get these...............


Pauline worked on her double wedding ring bed runner!  Just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary was working on exchange blocks - now these were HUGE. Each one finished 24 inches and she made two and prepped a couple of others


They were a very well behaved group and by four they were gone!  Ah - what am I going to do now?????


After tidying everything up which didn't take long, I looked at my EMPTY sewing table and could NOT resist

I am trying to keep up with the groups this year in the monthly projects and Stonehenge was this past week, but I was a tad behind.

You see - I was in such a hurry just before class that I sewed the unit on the right hand side incorrectly

So I ripped it apart and got the entire block together as it is supposed to be


Then someone had given me a new layout for the quilt. The layout we had was to make a queen size - using 35 blocks so 5 blocks by 7. Which is how I had started to sew mine together last month. BUT the new layout is for a king sized quilt and uses 36 blocks in a 6 by 6 configuration. HEY - I like that much better since I already have a number of queen sized quilts, but nothing king.


Here is the new layout - in the six by six configuration. Now we still have FOUR pieced blocks to make. HOWEVER you notice there are FIVE spots open. Well when I made the log cabins, I am POSITIVE that I made 12 of each of the two variations, but I could NOT find the extra block last night. HMMMMMMM - now where could I have put that?????   Did I give it away? I doubt that? In the orphan box? Nope - didn't see it there. Well  - I still haven't found it, but I WILL find it or I'll just have to make another one. DRAT - where is that block??????

Kay wasn't able to attend our class on Tuesday, but she brought her blocks to show me. 


OK - so once that project was completed as much as possible MINUS the missing block, I decided that I was still psyched to get some work done.

So I got the snowman flannel quilt top together. Well the blocks...............


All the blocks together. Now where is that border fabric??????   HEY - it was on the cutting table which I had cleaned up for the group and WHERE DID I PUT IT??????  Oh boy - this is NOT good news!!!!!!!
Hmmmm - I did find the backing. Now there isn't quite enough here to make the entire backing, but I saw something similar at Ruti's and I will just need a half meter to get the backing. Now where are those border fabrics???????????

AHA - I realized this morning, that there was in fact ANOTHER IKEA bag of stuff hidden in the back room. Oh drat - I had forgotten about those projects which I had swept off the table. Anyway - there is the border and binding fabric. I wanted to find it because I wanted to see how much is there as I wanted to get a bit more today IF I COULD just to make the borders a smidgen bigger. 


Tish has a wicked sense of humor. She said she had found a dress that didn't fit her anymore and thought I might like it. Hmmmm - my first thought was - I don't do dresses, but I am game. I should have thought - I have NEVER seen Tish in a dress!!!!!   Have a look - we had a good laugh over it.


It is a sales sample!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    And it is ORANGE CASHMERE!!!!!!!!!    How fancy is that!!!!!   It really is the cutest thing. Thanks Tish - I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Now I was just thinking - I am writing this blog and NOT rushing to get ready for my class because I am prepared and the bags are sitting by the front door. Then the STUPID computer decides to freeze up and I have to reboot - only took 10 minutes this time, but now I have run out of time.


Have a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment