Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Another lazy day!!!


It will take a LONG time before I figure out the weather here.  It started to rain last night, not lots, but enough. I put the girls out at 5:17 AM and it was still raining a bit, the sky looked very ominious and there is that WIND.   Laid in the sun room, read a bit - OH - it has stopped raining and it looks like the sky is clearing. Had a nap and at 6:30 AM - the sky is pretty much clear!!!!   Crazy crazy weather!!


Back to the beach!   You can't help but love the beach here.  And especially at this time of year when it is practically deserted!!!!    These pictures were taken a couple of days ago.

If you enlarge this one - you will see a blue/white dot on the red rocks. That is Nancy!!!!   (miss you Nancy!!!)

More beach

Looking back to the houses
 In all the time I have haunted the beach, I have found tons of mussel shells, and clam shells. The occasional oyster and Sammy is great at finding lobster claws.  But Nancy goes to the beach and finds CRABS - dead ones.   Shoot - I never saw any of them.   So the next time I went to the beach, I looked a bit better and found ALL kinds of crab carcasses.     Hmmmmm - what to do with them?????


Crab carcasses

Sparky walking the beach - I think they love it!!!!!   Sammy goes crazy in the sand and runs around like an idiot!!!!
 I crossed the stream and went in the other direction this day.   OK - so would you want your house here????   See that flag in the picture? Well just below the flag are three lawn chairs. With the winds, I am surprised, they are still there!  And I see the PRIVATE stairs are up.


Living on the EDGE!!!

We have been at this part of the beach before, but I swear those rocks were not in that formation.  Is my imagination running wild, am I forgetful or has a new section of rocks fallen????   I remember last time that we were able to easily climb over this part, but this doesn't look so easy.  Could be the time of the tide that is playing tricks on our eyes.

Rock barrier

See the little birdie at the top of that rock

Seriously - that is just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!


I noticed that some of the dirt that has fallen is fairly new - the grass isn't dead yet.


Erosion has pulled down some of the grass and dirt from the top of the cliffs

Yep - it came from up there!  I wonder how far back the houses are?

Beautiful wave day!

Sammy checking out the rocks

Sparky

Sparky checking for lobster claws - Sammy taught her that and it is usually the other way around!!!!

Hmmmmm - a good shot for colour, design or quilting patterns?????


Short and sweet today!  I still have pictures to edit - OK - I will try to limit beach pictures unless it is something spectacular.

But life here at the beach is pretty quiet.  Heck - the entire island is pretty quiet. We've had many discussions about how different life would be here compared to Toronto. The biggest one I hear is "there is nothing to do here".   Seriously?????   I am hearing this from someone who doesn't do anything when they have all the choices in Toronto.  AH - I guess it is when you have choices and even if you don't exercise those choices - it is better than not having the choices???????   Does that make sense?

I do love the peace and quiet, I do love the solitude, I love not having to make choices or decisions about anything. And I can't say that I miss my studio or my house - well how could I when I have this gorgeous house and my makeshift studio with very few choices!!!!!  But I do miss everyone!!!!!!  Don't worry - I'll be back before you know it.   And I think I'll be happy to be home - I think!

Well I am off to try and get some more quilting done today.  For some reason, I was very tired yesterday and well - I napped a lot and read my book. Which is allowed and it was great fun!!!!   Today - well I am going to try and get something done!


Don't forget to check out QUILTSocial this morning. Another great post and it is all building up to my great project which will be revealed TOMORROW.  |There are some great tips for sewing - check them out.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment