Thursday, June 11, 2015

Row by row FRENZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoot - I had a bunch of links open in my browser that I was going to share, computer rebooted over night and POOF - there goes the links. I remember now that I was going to save those links in a folder to share - OH well. Let me try to find this particular one that is very relevant to today`s post. 


Found it!  Couldn`t remember if the link came to me from Facebook or e-mail.  Anyway - if you are NOT familiar with the way quilter`s minds function, you should read this. It will enlighten you and help you to understand the rest of today`s post. 

CQA Conference Comments from 2010    Scroll down as the first part is about knitting. 


Now what do you think of that?????   I think it was hysterical and all I can say  is that the judge has a very keen sense of perception and hit the nail on the head!!!!


With that said - you know about the Row by Row Experience that hit Ontario with a frenzy last year. 

ON MY GOD - the MAP IS POSTED!!!!!!     Oh oh oh - hold me back!!!!!!!!!!!    I can now make my travel plans to get home!!!!   Yipppeeeeee!!!  

Oh sorry - I'm supposed to be much more in control than that.  

Well the Row by Row has gotten HUGE this year and I believe there are NINE provinces participating in Canada and all 50 US states.

So let me step back to last year. I spent two days on the road going from store to store to collect patterns, license plates and kits - not a lot of kits.  I came home, shoved it all in two plastic cases and left it like that. 


Two plastic totes of Row by Row for 2014


My intention was to make something from the license plates. But what???   I wanted it to be special somehow.  An idea started to percolate a while back and I did a bit of work. I brought the two cases with me to finish the design. I had everything laid out here a couple of nights ago. Good thing I waited because I am getting SIX more license plates from 2014 that Carol picked up for me from the US.

So with that information in hand, I finished the design. Nope - sorry - not a PEEP from me. I absolutely love the design, but unfortunately, I can't do anything until I get home when I can mess around with some other stuff which I didn't bring with me.

That got me to thinking about the kits that I had purchased - what the heck am I going to do with those????  Perhaps they will be incorporated into the license plates - perhaps not.   I haven't told you how many plates I accummulated last year either!!!   And I won't!  But there are LOTS.

Yesterday - I decided that if I am gearing up for the Row by Row 2015 - then I had better made some use of the stuff I collected last year. So the license plates are taken care of.   Now the kits.  I dug one out


2014 kit for Row by Row from Thimbles and Things


The row is COMPLETE!
 I have decided to make up the rows that I have kits for, then browse through the patterns I also collected last year (for free) and see what I can come up with for a couple of quilts.  That takes care of 2014.

Now to 2015.  Like I said - the map is up.  This is HUGE and I've already been perusing it instead of blogging to see if I need to alter my plans for the trip home.  Heck - I don't have plans!  I just have to get back somehow.


While the main event of the Row by Row doesn't start until June 21, the license plates have been available for sale as at May 15th.  Now here is the rub.   Last year - the organizors (and the stores) were overwhelmed at the request for the license plates and many stores had to reorder and reorder. With more stores involved this year - a TON more stores, the stituation is going to be the same.  Many stores have NOT received their plates yet and we can only hope that everyone has some for sale by June 21st.

In the meantime, I have picked up a couple.

My first one from Lilac Lane Quilts which I purchased on May 15

Ruti's Needlebed


The other stores that I know have license plates in my area - didn't have them yet!!!!  I will have to get them when I get home.


And of course, I have already picked up license plates from the Quilting B n More store in Charlottetown.
Yes - I got several so I could trade with others back home. Oh yes - we are all in a frenzy!!!!!!!

Quilting B n More - Charlottetown


But it gets worse!  Let's just say that I requested DH to bring my passport and papers for the dogs when he comes tomorrow. How timely was that!!!!!!

The other night, I had dinner with Robin and Betty. Betty is a sales rep for a number of fabric companies. We had a great chat (and a great dinner).  Betty showed us this little bag that she has designed.

Cute little bag - do you know what it is for????

Pin and plate carrier!!!!!
Yep - there are also metal pins that you can get from some of the stores. They are produced by The Pin Peddlers.    So plates on one side of the bag and pins on the other.  The pattern will be available at some stores. BUT you can get a kit from Undercover Quilts in Fergus. What a great way to keep all your collectibles in one place as you franctically criss cross the country collecting stuff!!!!!   I've already got a kit set aside for me. I just need to get it!!!!!

And what does a fabric sales rep car look like????


Back of Betty's car - I think she had a small suitcase for clothes in the front!
Cool license plates - REAL ones


I didn't back my car up because it has a boring old plate on it and a bike rack!!!!!


The big news of yesterday is I have COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes - Nancy arrived late in the afternoon and the dogs were ecstatic that there is now someone other than myself to harrass.  Matter of fact - guess where Little Sammy is right now?  Yup - upstairs with Nancy!!!!


Nancy came prepared to sew!!!!


On that note - I am out of here.  I might actually get on the bike today. It looks like not a bad day and the weather has certainly become much warmer!!!!

Have a great day!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment