Monday, June 15, 2015

It's all about Nancy!!!!


Nancy decided to drive down to PEI for a visit while I have rented this gorgeous house.   Since I had been alone for two weeks, it was great to have company.  Here is a few things that happened while she was here because yes - it is almost time for her to leave!!!!!!   And no - I mustn't think that means I am closer to leaving myself.  Perhaps I can pack up and go live in Robin's shed for another month!!!!

Nancy went to Bargain Fabric and bought fabric. What was so funny was that ALL of what she bought - I had NOT seen at the store when I was there and I had been there THREE times.  It was hysterical!!!   Now don't get me wrong - I LOVE the fabric that Nancy buys.  Matter of fact, when we did go back to Bargain Fabric together, she did help me to buy some fabric.  You'll see more on that project later this week.

But here is what she bought...............


She even laid it all nicely so I could photograph her purchases

Black and whites


A super floral and look at that zig zag which is not from the same line, but sure looks like it

Part of her palette for an incredible project - just wait for that

Some odds and ends for a couple of other projects!!!


I had to laugh because these are all great fabrics.  After what she told me, I seriously think she touched each and every bolt of fabric in the store. She asked them all -"what could they do for her?" and if the answer was a good one - it went into her basket!!!!!   But she certainly has a great eye!!!!

Oh yes - she bought this brilliant blue print (and several coordinates) as well which she is currently whipping up into a project that she wants to finish before she leaves.  Us quilters come prepared to work and her car was as full as mine was when she arrived!!!!


Nancy working on her new project



Let's just say that Nancy works on VERY ambitious projects.   She brought three projects with her - two are very complex and she made advancement on both. One she didn't even pull out and it was the easiest one!!!

Here is one of the projects that she worked on.
Replicating a picture of her dog - it is gorgeous and I can't wait to see it finished
 This was started at a David Taylor class and is going to be stunning!!!!!

We have this thing about telling each other what we are going to do.  "Going to bed now", "just sweeping the sand off the floor".  It started as a joke and we became mothers to each other!!!  So I told her last night that if she just worked ONE HOUR a day on that dog project - she would be done in no time!!!!   That is like the pot calling the kettle black!!!!!

See - I have worked on super easy projects while I was here.

Hopscotch with solid inner border and outer border made of the left over scraps
All that remained from the leftover border bits - not bad for just winging it!!!!
Binding is made - another project in the "to be quilted" pile - well - once I find backing


I found a great place to measure and pin borders on the quilts. On the back of the sofa!!!!

Great work space and just the perfect length
 So we were off - we wanted to go to the The Village Pottery to check out a fibre artist whose work was displayed there.  But when we arrived it was closed.  I was a bit ticked because I had spent a long time on the web site and blog to find out the hours. Oh well - will have to go back another day!!!!

We stopped off at this scenic view point by French River.


Hostetter's Viewscape
Another nice little sign made of metal in the same lookout
Beautifl view across the French River
 On the way back we stopped at Lucy Maude Montgomery birthplace and took a couple more pictures.


Nancy 
The house
Still on the way home, we passed a small gift shop and decided to check it out.  It is called Sea Garden and a realy nice shop. We saw this on the front porch of the shop and Nancy thought it would fit in my bike rack for the trip home!!!!!


Metal bike/plant stand

 


See what I said about the BLUE signs - they are everywhere!!!!!
 Next stop - got some pictures at Anne of Green Gables Museum.  See the carriage in the bottom middle of the photo.  Yes - you can go for carriage rides!!!!


Anne of Green Gables museum

Lake of Shining Waters  (ys - that is Nancy getting blown across the road)

BIG farm equipment is everywhere!!!!!


A quick trip back to the house where Sparky and Sammy were chilling.  OK - this is semi posed!  The girls don't usually sleep that close to each other.


Sammy and Sparky - chillling

Sparky - bored!!!!!


After lunch - we were off to Summerside to the recital at the College of Piping!   A quick stop at the little cemetary to get a view of the ocean.  Oh yes - I forgot to mention that it was VERY windy yesterday!!!!

Beautiful ocean!!!!!

This time the parking lot was FULL!!!!
The College of Piping


Thank goodness I had several layers on because it was COOL in the band stand area.  I don't know how some of the girls weren't freezing to death in their little outfits!!!!


But the concert was great and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We saw

Little dancers

Big dancers

Only one male dancer - the rest were female
Very simple yet effective costumes
Great performance from these girls

Some of the drummers
The pipe and drum band


And then we saw these pants - we wanted these pants!!!!!

Gorgeous pants!!!!




A "quilt" which was actually knitted

Good night Sparky - good night Nancy!!!!!



And there you have it - a great day and so glad that Nancy and I got to spend some quality time!!!!!   I have to cut this short as I need to get ready - we have a great day trip planned.


Have a great day!!!!!

Ciao!!!!!



2 comments:

  1. I love Sea Garden! Glad you came across it. My boyfriends family knows the owners quite well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - it is a beautiful little spot - not far from where I am staying!

      Delete