Friday, June 12, 2015

Observations from PEI


What a difference to have someone else around the house!   Nancy and I have had great conversations - catching up on the news, touching base on quilting and many many other things.  It is great fun!!!!   And while we chat - yep - we are both working on our projects.  Well - me - I am still trying to get the last of the QUILTSocial stuff done. That HAS to be done today!!!!   I want it off my plate. I will be reminding you on Monday to follow along as I have showcased a bunch of tips and tricks as I reviewed the sewing machine. A different slant this time. Wait until you see the project - it is so awesome!!!!

So this is how loyal my Little Sammy is - the MOMENT Nancy walked in the door (Sammy has met Nancy before)  Little Sammy had a new best friend. Oh yes - it took her a few minutes to get comfortable - Little Sammy is very skittish when someone walks in the door.  But soon thereafter - well - buds for life.


Little Sammy and her new friend - Nancy!

Even last night at bedtime - where was Sammy???   Certainly not with me and Sparky. Nope - she was upstairs with Nancy!  Although I did see her come down shortly after I turned out my lights and she slept with me. Silly girl - I wonder what she is going to do today when DH comes. She is going to be beside herself because she just LOVES him.  

And this morning? Where is Little Sammy??  In the sun room with Nancy!!!!   I have no idea why she attaches herself to people other than her peeps. I think it is pretty cute.

Nancy took the girls for a LONG walk on the beach yesterday which helped to solidify the friendship!!!!


Have you ever wondered what people on PEI do??   No - I don't mean the folks "From Away".  I mean the poeple who live here - what do they do for a living???

Here are my thoughts on that -  you either to this.................
Fish 
Or you do this...............

Farm
 OR you do this..............

Cut grass!!!!!
 Seriously - these grass cutter guys are EVERYWHERE.   I see our lawn will need cutting soon - they might even be around today!!!!   It seems that someone in this subdivision is getting their grass every day!!!!!  At least the yards look nice - I guess they cut the grass to keep the dandelions down!!!!!


Dandelions


More observations from the beach - another fishing net trapped on the beach.  When I went out later in the day, I noticed a bunch of dead fish on the beach - not sure if they were bait???  They were little.  I confess that I know NOTHING about fishing!!!!   And when the tide is low in the afternoon - this net was almost completely out of the water.


Stranded fishing net

A very calm ocean

Sparky on the beach


So what does it look like BEFORE you get to the each.  These are the back of the sand dunes between where we are and the beach. They are quite high and covered in grass.  Just like in that link I posted the other day.  Here it is again in case you missed it.



Back of the sand dunes
 I must try to get a better picture of the pond that feeds the little creek that flows into the ocean. It is the water at the back of this picture.

The pond that the little creek is fed from
Sand really blew over these rocks - I don't have a comparison picture - maybe it is all in my mind!!!!!


"Mom - The wind - we can barely climb up here!!!!"
Those girls are so hard to get pictures of - one will look or the other, but NOT at the same time. At least Little Sammy is looking at the camera!!!!

Little Sammy looking at the camera
Now only Sparky is looking at the camera
Taken on the deck - Sammy sitting in the wind!!!!


There are lots of things around for inspiration.


Patterns in the sand
More patterns in the sand
 Maybe those are colourway ideas - maybe they are bargellos????


Lines on a seashell


My last observation for today is about trailers.  There are TWO trailers in this place.  And when I was walking back from the beach the other day, I noticed how WHITE and STARK those trailers are compared to the more rustic look of the houses.  


White trailer seems out of place!!!!!



Anyway - there you have another crazy - HAH - I mean calm day on PEI.  It is so relaxed here - well I am going to go into culture shock when I get back home.


Have an awesome day - it looks fabulous here, but I have to go into Charlottetown for the middle of the day so I won't be doing much else.  I think I will hit those other used book stores. And hit the quilt store one more time to get two more license plates for my crazed friends back home!

Ciao!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment