Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Reading, not writing


ACK - I did a very very bad thing.  Even though I'm supposed to be quilting up a storm,  deadlines are looming, I still like to read before going to bed. And I started another Jack Reacher (Lee Child) book the other day.  I couldn't help myself.

I have so many authors that I follow and in particular character series - Jack Reacher being one of them,  there is no danger of me running out of stuff to read and while most peoople read a new book the MOMENT it is published, not I.  I like to have the anticipation that there are still 5 more Inspector Gamache (Louise Penny) books to read rather than be up to date.   When I can no longer quilt - I will read nonstop and get up to date!

So yes - I am not current - I believe the publication date for the current Jack Reacher is 2002.  I just read another Jack Reacher (Burning Echo) two weeks ago and it was a sleeper.  I think I had already read it, but it never got put on my list so I reread it.  It really was a sleeper, but I was in a Jack Reacher mood and got the next one from the library.  The five Reacher books on my shelf are much more current so have to borrow to get up to those newer ones.

All that to say that this book (Without Fail) is NOT a sleeper.  Now it's me who can't sleep as I try to race through the book without feeling too guilty.  Bottom line - I didn't sleep much on Sunday night so didn't get up early on Monday morning and no time to blog!!!!   Whew - that was a long story to tell you that.

Never mind that I didn't even check e-mail yesterday and hence missed the Modern Quilt webinar last night.  GRRRRRRR!!!!!   Oh well - you can always go back and listen to the webinar, but what a dolt!

But I've been working - here's a look at part of what's been happening.......................



Whenever I teach machine quilting, I get asked about marking designs.  I don't like to mark designs if I don't have to.  It takes up too much time to mark and then time to remove the marks.  Many marking devices are NOT good despite all the hoopla about them. I'm not going into details this morning, but my FAVOURITE and MOST OFTEN USED marking device is a WHITE chaco-liner by Clover.

null
WHITE Chaco Liner by Clover


The optimum word here is WHITE - I NEVER use any other color as I find the marks are not all that easy to remove.   When in doubt - remember WHITE!!!!!

But does the white show on light fabrics????   The answer is yes.  Oh - I should clarify one thing.  While I used to like to follow marked designs, it's just too time consuming.  Nope - I try to free hand everything these days, but I will use the Chaco Liner for registration marks.

Have a look in the photo below.  You can see my white chalk line on the light fabric. I needed a guide to help turn the corner.



White chalk line on light fabric

Because I'm doing this quilt on the long arm, once I have turned the corner, I take a picture so that I can refer back to it to get the opposite two corners to be the same.  They don't have to (and most certainly are NOT) the same but you want the same general idea!!!!


Picture for reference to do the bottom two corners. 


This fabric and quilt design are very light and airy.  I want to keep the quilting that way as well.  Remember this quilt from the other day - the outside border wasn't on - well it's on now.  And I have to say that I like it!!!

Customer quilt - DONE  - well except for the binding!

Quilting on customer quilt
 I did continuous curves in the checkerboard border, but I may go back and actually do ALL the squares - not just the cream.  I'll see how I feel when I get the binding on.


I have had this fabric for ever.  I made a shirt out of it when I first started to quilt.  Never wore it - still have it. Then I decided to use up the fabric and make a quilt - I think I made Hopscotch quilt by The Quilt Patch. And still had loads of fabric left over.  The coloring is very distinctive and hard to match.  Then I ended up with a customer request in those very same colors and well - here's an opportunity to use it up.

I decided to make the back much more interesting and used up the leftovers to make the back.  You can see that some areas are much more pieced than others.  As long as things are square - that pieced back is going to be a breeze to quilt over.


Pieced back
 Despite the fact that the quilt has Hobbs 80/20 batting in it (which tends to be heavier), this quilt is very lightweight and airy and it will make a good snuggle quilt. I'll try to dig out the other pictures of this fabric that I have somewhere - the shirt and the other quilt.

The only thing I have left is the cutoffs from the backing once the quilt was trimmed.  I think those will go in the scrap box for string quilts - not even in the true scrap box.  It is just so pale and washed out - I hate it and there isn't much for fabric that I hate!!!


Left overs!

The binding is now on and needs to be hand stitched down
 Got busy when I got home and one more quilt is done!!!!

Customer quilt - DONE


I did take the day off and went to Monday Mania!!!!   So nice to spend the entire day with the group. Something I haven't done in months!!!!   Feels weird - almost like I'm an outsider!!   But I had fun.  Here are two pictures of stuff that I snapped - I meant to get more, but just didn't think of it.



Yoga mat that Mary made for a friend of hers

Mary and another one of her quilts
 Part of the reason I chose this particular Monday was it was POT LUCK day.  And where are all those sewing people?????

When someone said "lunch is ready", the room emptied faster than a speeding bullet!


Where has everyone gone?????

To get lunch!


On that note - I'm out of here.  Back to work (at the office) this morning and then back home to work in the studio tonight  (the next quilt is already loaded and ready to go).  This is going to be the schedule until the end of the year - but the good news is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and every day that light is getting steadily brighter.  The list of quilts is steadily decreasing, there is a list for next year already - so if you want anything done - you better get on the list.  I am going to be a stickler for adhering to that list. No more letting people butt in - nope - just not going to happen and then my quilts and those for the office are going to make more of an appearance on that list as well.


Have an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (we are all going to be shell shocked when the weather turns cold)

Ciao!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. ZTX Testo Final lengthy in mattress could sincerely end up saving you cash keep in mind how previous I explained the be taught showing how women take on usual minutes to orgasm and be sexually satisfied good this implies you will have got to fully grasp and take delivery of that for those who do not gain knowledge of to final lengthy and.

    https://supplementsultra.com/ztx-testo/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZTX Testo About desiring to head to the bathroom he rushed out to the visitor bathtub despite the fact that we now have one attached to the master suite and he did not come again for over an hour by the point he received back I was 1/2 asleep I requested him if everything used to be k pleasant he muttered simply feeling just a little tired.

    https://willbeheal.com/ztx-testo/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pain RX I spent the next few weeks compiling the exact details of the strange white powder including the exact amounts I used and all the research showing how safe and effective they are we research the best possible sources for each one and I even found out where to get them in powder form so you don't have to break open.

    https://willbeheal.com/pain-rx/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stim RX So one you control them the the next thing we need to massage the testicle considering one you variety okay, so we acquired the testicle if Stim RX Male Enhancement humans need to be believe about it on the grounds that your fingers have vigor k? So this chi, or we name power along with your fireplace So like the method of ice ice at E equal Mc rectangular?

    https://willbeheal.com/stim-rx/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keto Viante sure that you're taking care of your iodine intake because now you've cut even it further out of your diet most people don't get enough of it anyway and you know so they're developing this iodine deficiency and for those of you who don't understand this and you're not supposed to but the way that your your body makes thyroid hormone is it takes iodine and it couples it with an amino acid called

    https://ozvish.com/keto-viante/
    https://www.facebook.com/keto.viante.diet.pills/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Health WHO
    Junk pills, penis enlargement is not possible to only include low-quality herbs and you'll learn why later in this debate. Approximately $ 90 a bottle of Health Supplement Pills given to the quality of the materials cost $ 10.
    https://www.healthwho.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kohls coupons
    Kohls coupons over on my Instagram page so check my Instagram story when this video was posted so you can win inches and here are the bundles here a nice soft and silky looking very thick very full just the way how I like it like I like my styles to look and of course we have a close-up of the wefts looking very thick and they were double wefted and the hair just looks standard as well as the closure we didn't have knots bleached so we're gonna
    https://www.findanydeals.com/store/kohls/
    https://maxharry383.tumblr.com/post/184851944498/httpswwwfindanydealscomstorekohls
    https://asdervfdrt.wixsite.com/kohlscoupons
    https://kohlscoupons981412737.wordpress.com/2019/05/13/https-www-findanydeals-com-store-kohls/
    https://medium.com/@asdervfdrt/https-www-findanydeals-com-store-kohls-dba74624456e
    https://www.evernote.com/shard/s715/sh/a8a5a599-e47a-43fc-8bc6-c0814f39ac22/67e7a5781638d083930e0b219bfb15bc
    https://twitter.com/AVfdrt/status/1127987077444849672
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/80164823/httpswwwfindanydealscomstorekohls?share=1
    n

    ReplyDelete

  8. best supplements for increasing male vitality super male vitality allergic reaction male vitality vitamins There’s not a lot of to stress whether or not you have little penis syndrome as a result of there are Vitality Rx ways in which out of that too. All your sexual barriers can break once you begin taking this supplement. The unhappy part is that some folks have fully avoided sex in their life as a result of of their issues and they have to be empowered again. Visit here for more info Vitality RX Review is a one of the more up to date male improvement supplements available.
    http://www.cureidea.com/vitality-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete
  9. SkinCell Pro is a serum for blemishes and skin tags, which helps to completely eliminate this ugly and shy skin. The best thing about this solution is that the home can be applied and all work is completed within the privacy of the home. SkinCell Pro serum works quickly and is also easy to apply. Whey, made from the best natural ingredients, works from the roots of skin infections and removes them from there. In addition to removing warts, annoying skin tags and clams, the SkinCell Pro serum also covers the affected area so there is no trace of anything stain. It is clear that the serum provides a complete treatment for the problem of clots, skin tags and warts.
    In addition to eliminating these skin problems, SkinCell Pro also works to cleanse the surface of the skin to a large extent. Dust, dirt, oil and other skin contaminants are removed from the skin, keeping it clean and healthy. In addition, the hydration and hydration of the skin is also maintained with this serum. The skin provides optimal protection against harmful contaminants, solar radiation, etc., and minimizes damage to the skin. The overall skin care is improved with the serum which gives a young and imperfect skin.

    ReplyDelete