Friday, January 29, 2016

A good day's work!

Very happy to report that I had a successful day working from home.  Working from home isn't all it's cracked up to be.  It's not like you can just sit down and read a book when you are bored of what you're doing.  That means I got a lot of work done.  I went as far as I could on one of my projects.  Need to stop and pick up the rest of my supplies today.  So all is good there. 

By this time, it was getting sort of late in the day and I thought - I could do this other work project that required some machine embroidery.  Yep - I cranked up MY OWN Husqvarna Viking Ruby Deluxe and got busy.  

Let me tell you that if you had one of the older embroidery sewing machines (like I do) and then you move to this new generation - it is like NIGHT and DAY.  I did everything I needed to on the screen - no need to use a computer. Easy to edit - it was great. 




Start of the work project
So while I was embroidering on one machine - I was sewing on the other!!!!!   The other day when I was working, I had one machine set up for sewing, one for quilting and I really wanted to do some embroidery, however, it appears that I have misplaced the power cord for one of the machines (my Ruby!!!!)   Now how did that happen??   No idea, but I bought a new one last night and I'm good to go.  I can fire up all three sewing machine - one to do applique, one to piece and one doing machine embroidery!!   I really really want to do some machine embroidery applique.

Working at two machines 

I know this looks like a mess, but it was a very efficient way of hooping the projects and it's done.  Just have to clean them up (trim threads, rip off stabilizer) today and then I have a little present for the staff!  I'll tell you about it after I present it to them.


A mass of embroidered stuff


Had fun speaking at the guild last night.  So many memories in those group quilts.  And so many group projects are still sitting there waiting to be done.  Because those quilts have way more meaning than many of my others, perhaps that should become the focus of what I work on this year. Provided I have any spare time which isn't the case.

On that note - have a great day!!!!!

Ciao!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment