Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Workshops, quilt shows - oh my..............


As I scour the internet during my daily forays into that vast universe of information - well and some of this came to me via e-mail.  OK - it all came to me via e-mail - I thought I would share these links with you.

I know that a lot of you like to take classes. I know that because I see you in MY classes and we have a lot of fun.

I have learned over the years that I'm NOT a good student, but I do like to see what others are doing and to learn new things.

I didn't really make it a goal for this year, but when I saw these two class lists - I thought - what the heck!  I need to take classes as well. Not only to expand my experiences, but just to relax and have fun.

The first class is at Quilts at the Creek   (July 23 and 24).  Do you remember that show from last year?   Well I have to say that I've never been able to attend the actual show, but I sort of took the work shop last year on Machine Quilting from Amy Garro.    It was loads of fun and I learned tons!!!!!

Even though I did NOT get to see the quilt show, I did have a quilt hanging in the show. Remember the mystery that was designed by Sherri Hisey of Border Creek Station?  Have a look at this link to see the quilts from this mystery.  My quilt is on the left in the very first picture!!!!

They are having a challenge again this year - this time - it's called Blue By You.   Here is a link to one person as she moves through her challenge experience.   Guess what - I also bought the challenge kit and haven't started!  But the same thing happened last year and I got my quilt done in time.  I just needed a reminder about it and now I have that reminder.  It goes into my planning book!!!!

Now check out the list of workshops.  OH MY GOODNESS - Kathy Doughty from Australia is teaching and I LOVE her work.     Yep - I've already reserved a spot in one of the workshops - but I gave it some thought last night and darn it - I may change.   DRAT - work gets in the way, although I seriously think this is educational and should be considered WORK time.


The next set of workshops that I got notice of is from the Ailsa Craig Quilt Festival which takes place May 23 - 28.   They have a variety of classes from half day to full day. And I have my eye on a number of half day classes.  By taking a half day class, I get to see the quilt show in the other half of the day.   Have to pick one soon!!!!


Then I saw a notice of this gorgeous quilt show by Carol Bryer Fallert-Gentry.  I took a class with her years ago and I absolutely adore her work.   Hmmmm - I remember saying that I should visit these shows or I would regret it.   ACK - got to check the scheduling.  Do you think they would buy it at work that this is a valid field trip??????


And last but not least - here is the link to QUILTSocial for today.   If you have NEVER done machine embroidery - check out how easy it is to do!!!!

On that note - I'm got loads of work to do.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!

Ciao!








2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kathy Doughty is one of my faves! Definitely education time, I hope you can do her workshop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes - I'm doing it!!!! I was debating between the art quilt and the one with the curved piecing from her book. I've decided that I'll learn way more in the art one - the free form. I know how to piece with my eyes shut (although every class you learn something!) I can't wait!

      Delete