Sunday, January 31, 2016

My boss is a slave driver!


No - I'm not talking about my day job.  Nope - it's that darn little book with all the goals in it.  She's TOUGH!!!  You know why???  She makes me ACCOUNTABLE.  Because I wrote things in it that I wanted to accomplish - the expectation is that I get them done. And she's darn BOSSY to boot.

I did manage to get 1/3 of the items done this week.  That means that I have stuff  to carry over this week. I don't like the carry over thing but I don't have a choice and as I remove things - then other things become a priority. I will get better at it - but it's working!

However I did have one compromise from the BOOK - I must give that book a name. Any suggestions?  Anyway - I made a deal that we would have our meeting this morning instead of last night so that I could get one big thing accomplished. And I did - so we're both happy!

I taught a bag class yesterday - there were 16 in the class.  I'll post the pictures tomorrow.  But this is what I did after I came home and got myself down to the studio.

I had a peek in the CONFETTI box - well those 1 1/2" squares.  I goofed and last week - I called it spaghetti - not confetti!  HA!

Amongst all the little squares that I cut - there was a box that I had received from becoming a member of Keepsake Quilting club. Many many years ago.


What's in the box????

Little squares

And now they are part of the bigger collection

Not much progress - but I haven't been sewing much!


So I got the enders and leaders prepped.  The ironing board needs to be cleaned off, but I managed to work on that little space last night.  I know - it's ridiculous!!!!!   And there was my dessert and my tea!

The ironing board with NOT much room


And what did I work on????   The 365 block Challenge.   I'm sure you are familiar with it by now, but if you're not - have a look.


365 Quilt
365 Block Challenge quilt


Now here's the scary thing.  There is ONE block a day for 365 days.  That's a lot of blocks.  Right now - we're working on the dark inner border which is make up of 3 inch squares.  They are all fairly simple blocks. But look what is going to happen as we move out - those lighter colored blocks are BIGGER!!!!!

Anyway - I was behind and now I'm not!!!!   I'm caught up - hard to believe. I'm just using green scraps and I'm not really caring a lot about the shades of green or the values in some cases.  Like below - you can't really see the little four patches.


One block with little four patches and did I twirl the seams???

Couldn't help myself

Yes - I did 17 blocks last night and this morning!!!!!!


Let's put it this way - not doing that again.  I don't mind to do 4 or 5 at once, but 17 was a bit much.  But that is what I was in the mood to do!!!!!


January blocks - all 31 of them

And it is perfect - I have my tablet right on the cutting table so I can see the patterns and sizes.  I cut and sew and press and look at the tablet and no need to print.  I'm not sure I can anyway - I've pretty much given up on getting the printer to work.  And let's not forget that I'm unsubscribing from e-mail stuff.  What a long process that is going to be.

And in the event that I don't get an e-mail sent to everyone - my new e-mail is CRAZYQUILTERONABIKE@gmail.com.   That's pretty easy to remember.  The old one will work for at least another month or so.


Lexi has learned a very annoying habit.  She will sit by the computer, lean on me and proceed to use her nose to take my hand off the keyboard.  STOP TYPING and play with ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   But she already had her turn at the computer this moring - check out her blog.  I'm not sure why she is complaining!!!!

On that note - I've a ton of stuff to get done today.  That little book is making me accountable and by the end of the week that crate (at work) is being packed to go to Quiltcon.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Just call the book THE BOSS.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would call her Bertha, you know for Bossy Bertha. I love Lexi, she is adorable, hopefully will settle down as she grows up.
    Pat in Orillia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You referred to the book as "she" so why not call her "She who must be obeyed" or "She" for short. Did you ever see that movie or read the book by H. Rider Haggard?

    Barbara at Stash Overflow

    ReplyDelete