Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Moving on................

Before you get in a panic!   I'm not moving - but wait and you'll see what I mean.

I thought I'd start by sharing my office space.  I'm always posting pictures of my studio and it's a near write off - but looks much better these days.  So my office?????  Well you decide!





One side

The other side
Yep - "my" office couch is buried under quilts that we've received for Quiltcon. Sneak peeks of those later this week. The desk is littered with paper - reading materials, projects, patterns to write and much much more EXCITING stuff.    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my inspiration board - I must tidy it up a bit as it is getting out of hand, but so many cool things to save!!!!

But here's what I think.   Don't forget that today is Bell Let's Talk day - the awareness campaign for mental illness.  We are all wired so differently - some of us can handle and thrive on the mess above - others would be totally incapacitated.  There are days when I feel overwhelmed with the enormity of the situation, but most days - I'm loving it!

I think we all need to find that comfort zone so that we can work comfortably.  And one thing and I truly believe this - we need to find the root of the problem.  Oh in this case - STOP buying stuff - that would fix the problem!!!!!   And that's going to happen!  HA HA HA HA!!!

I firmly believe that much of the mental illness situation today is that we are overwhelmed with e-mail, our stuff, social media, advertising, family, hobbies, demands of everyone.  We don't want to cull things, we only see the GOOD stuff posted on-line - people rarely post their mistakes and we start to feel like a failure because we can't do everything.   STOP - PRIORITIZE - FOCUS - WIN.  It has a lot to be said for everything that we do!!!!!!!!!!!!   And LET IT GO!!!!!    If things aren't perfect - I don't care any more.  I don't have time nor the energy!!!  Well I do, but I don't want to waste it on silly things.

OK - so here's the moving deal.  I watched a webinar last night about Social Media.  Hmmmmm - while I'm somewhat knowledgeable about social media - there are people that social media is THEIR JOB.  Wow - I guess people would look at me like that and say - how lucky I am. And yes - I am truly blessed with my job!

I was dreading having to change my e-mail address - not for any bad reason - just consolidating services and that means my e-mail account will go away.  ACK!!!!!!   Now that will set me in a panic for sure. BUT after watching the webinar - I now see it as a great opportunity and I'm pumped to get started. .  However I've already got a NEW e-mail set up this morning and I'm pumped and ready to tackle SOCIAL MEDIA.

Stay tuned for that!!!!!   I will be sending out notices to everyone about the change of e-mail within the next couple of days. Trust me - it's very easy to remember!

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. local movers los angeles

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views...hope more people will read this article!!! pasadena moving companies

    ReplyDelete