Sunday, May 1, 2016

A restful day...


Who knew that one could sleep so much?

The day started off great by having a two hour nap. Good grief - why two hours?   I don't know, but I lay on the couch with my ice pack and a flannel quilt and poof - I was gone.  Got up - did a bit of work, went to the quilt store and the grocery store with my chauffeur, back home and had another nap.   One thing about work - I miss going to visit the quilt stores.  There is no time and well quite frankly - no need to purchase more fabric!!!

I did manage to get a small quilt quilted before it was time for another nap.

Customer quilt - DONE


I have to say that just doing this small quilt, I could already feel a big difference in my leg.  Normally my right leg is tired when working on the long arm and I have to stretch it out.  Not one stretch was required!!!!   And the surgeon said I would have to wait three months to feel the full benefit of what he did.  Oh boy - I can't wait for those three months to be up so I can really feel awesome!!!!

Then back to the couch for another long nap.  This time, I think I got up for dinner and then back to the couchh to watch a movie and then to bed.    I did manage to sneak in 6,000 steps on the FitBit.  Not sure how - oh yes - I did take the dogs for a walk in the morning and before I went to bed to stretch out the knee.  If I don't walk, it seizes up and that is the last thing that needs to happen. I MUST use the knee - those are the surgeon's orders.

So for all of you who think that I wasn't going to take good care of myself, I slept most of the day away, was warm and snuggly.  The only thing - because of the timing of our outing, I didn't get a Tim's tea.  Drat!!!   I need to have a chat with the chauffeur!

I had a pretty good night - I'm not waking up, although my knee is still a bit stiff, but I wouldn't be surprised if most of that is due to the bandaging which comes off today at Noon.   See - I was told 48 hours and that will be 48 hours.  Just in case you think I'm pushing the healing process - I'm following orders.

The big question will be - can I drive the car tomorrow???   I'll have a better idea of that once the bandages come off today.  And then see how the knee bends.  It isn't painful, just stiff and I want to make sure that I have good movement before getting behind the wheel of the car.  See - I really am a sensible person!   And the surgeon said I could drive when I'm up to it and NOT on pain meds which I didn't take any - didn't need to.

Made the backing and loaded it this morning for the next quilt that I hope to have done today.  I have a lot of other stuff that needs to be done - none of it can be put off so it's going to be a busy busy week and I need to be well rested to make everything happen.  No danger there - I feel another nap coming on.

On that note - Have a great day!


Ciao!!!!


2 comments:

  1. The excess of naps is your body dealing with the poison of the general. Also natures way of 'trying' to slow you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YoBit allows you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 different crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as many as coins you need from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and continue claiming.

    You can press claim as much as 30 times per one captcha.

    The coins will held in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or USD.

    ReplyDelete