Monday, November 27, 2017

Guilt planning

Yes - that says GUILT with a G, not a Q.

So I have my studio pretty clean. I'm laughing as I look around because the FIRST thing I used to do when people left after a sewing day was to put everything back on the tables. Not this time. Not going to happen.

There are a few things out at the moment - I did manage to get an entire quilt pieced, quilted and bound between yesterday and this morning. Phew - why does this have to happen? I've no idea - getting sick did me no favors in getting things done on time. I still have a few things to complete by Saturday and after Saturday, the coast is clear for ONE MONTH!  No classes, no rush jobs (well still three quilts to make) but if I play my cards right - I won't be doing them at the ninth hour!

But one thing happened yesterday as I was tidying up and working on the quilt. I finished off a roll of batting and had to open a new one. That meant there was a large piece of plastic that came off the new roll of batting. I came downstairs (from where the batting is stored) and placed the large piece of plastic on Lexi's kennel in the front hall. My hands were full of batting and scissors. DH pipes up and says "that's why we end up with clutter in the house because you don't deal with things right away!".

Hmm - he does have a point, but my hands were full. So I took the batting downstairs and then came up and disposed of the large piece of plastic in the recycling bin. How is this guilt planning? All it would take to keep things neat and tidy is to take a few minutes at the end of the day or as the day progresses to deal with stuff. Put it away, throw it away or whatever needs to be done with it.

My thought is to look at my studio and pretend that I'm going to take a picture to post each day of the sewing area, the ironing board, the cutting mat, and my TWO work spots. I did take pictures, but I don't have time to post. I'll do it tomorrow.

My plan is to keep all those areas clear of everything except the CURRENT project. Really?  Can I actually sew two projects at once? Well sort of, but then nothing gets complete.  I've got a system. Trust me - I'll be sharing it with you.

And I crossed THREE things off The Task Master list already this week and it's only Monday. How exciting is that!

Now for those of you who are still having trouble with your 1/4" seam, I wrote this article on QUILTsocial which was published today. Please check it out. There should be no reason why anyone cannot achieve an accurate 1/4" seam on their sewing machine.

That's it for today!

Have a great day!!!

Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment