Monday, January 14, 2019

A half day of travel - Part Two

I knew there were some major snow storms happening in the US. They just happened to be between Toronto and Nashville so we had no issues there. But when we started our descent into Nashville, we flew through layers and layers of thick fluffy clouds for about 20 minutes. I heard the wheels drop into position for landing and still - thick fluffy clouds. Yikes - the cloud cover was very low and we saw the ground for less than 5 minutes before we landed. But no turbulence - the clouds were just thick and fluffy - just the way I like it.

I was meeting up with two other people so we could get to the hotel together. One of the girls had rented a van. The one who rented the van was already there and the third person who was supposed to be there ahead of us both was late. She was considerably late - I think it was over an hour that we had to wait for her. One of them came from Washington and one from Wisconsin. Now here’s the interesting thing - I live further south than both of them! While I had a two hour flight with no transfer, they both spent an entire day travelling!

Once we finally got to the hotel and checked in, we were off to the grocery store to get supplies. Snacks and breakfast stuff. Even though there is breakfast at the hotel, I’m sure it won’t be stuff that’s on my list. I’m glad it wasn’t just me who needed to stock up.

I found almond milk in 6 individual containers and almond butter in six individual packets. Cantaloupe that was already cut up and on sale. Almonds, hummus and cauliflower for snacks. I’m all set. The only thing I forgot was bananas for the smoothie so I’m off to the breakfast buffet to see what I can forage - hopefully they have bananas.

The weather here is wet. Not a ton of rain, but damp and misty and although it’s above zero, it’s cold. At least I was cold yesterday. That’s because there was this cold draft that blew up my pant legs all the way on the flight!  And it never fails, I get the talkers on the plane. There was a group of people flying together that all worked at the same company that sold medical supplies. Two of them were behind me and one of them was a talker. He literally talked the ENTIRE way. I hardly think he took a breath and I know all about his family, his skiing adventures and work. I don’t need to know that!

On that note, I’m off in search of bananas. Can’t wait to get started - it’s going to be a fun and I’m sure a LONG day.

Have a super day!!!!!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment