There is nothing like satisfaction at getting things done! And quickly. As you know, our microwave went on the fritz earlier this week. Not that we use our microwave all the time, but well - we do. I like the microwave to make oatmeal, it's great for reheating leftovers, and I like to microwave my Magic Bag to use either just for the warmth or for an aching muscle.
So, when it went, we needed action fast. Through the wonders of the internet, I researched (a little bit) about microwaves, and bought one, and arranged delivery and installation, all without speaking to a single person. Well, we had some webchats or texts, but that was it.
The microwave was delivered in an extremely efficient and timely manner. Thanks, Goeman's Appliances. The installer was late, but well - it worked out, although I couldn't be there at the end as I was on a Zoom call. But DH was here.
I snapped this photo when the installer went out to his vehicle for something. What a mess!!!
|Installation in progress|
|The mess under the stove|
|The new microwave|
|Floppy disks for the embroidery machine|
|A floppy disk drive|
|Five copies of the same magazine!|
- SORT them by title.
- Get rid of duplicates.
- Decide if you can get rid of a particular title or whether you really want to read it.
- Find a place to store them - in boxes, a bookcase, or wherever. But they must be neat and easy to find. So if you put them in boxes, LABEL them with the title. Sometimes, it best to get things out of sight, so you're not overwhelmed.
- Of those you want to keep, do you want to read them and then keep them or read them and get rid of them?
- Start with those that you want to read and get rid of. Find a time each day that you can spend a few minutes reviewing/reading a magazine. Find a place to put those magazines, so you don't forget - the bathroom, the night table, the kitchen table, your reading chair.
- Make it a habit to read a magazine - EVERY DAY.
- What to do with it when you're done? If there is a pattern or an article that you want to keep, SCAN it with your scanner and save it on your hard disk as a PDF. You can create a filing system to sort them or save the documents and tag them. I don't know if you can tag PDFs, but I'm going to check it out.
- When you are done with the physical magazine, put it in the recycling or donate to a friend ONLY if that friend is interested. ASK FIRST!!!
- Think twice before you buy another magazine. I have no problem buying, as long as you are reading them.
I also spent the morning at the computer and made excellent headway in the paperwork that needed to be done. That was a huge weight off my shoulders. There's more, of course, but there are only so many hours in the day. I'm OK with that.
I have one class and a meeting for the ENTIRE weekend. How did that happen? It's not that I don't have anything to do, but no urgent things because of a deadline.
OH -- when I was at the grocery store the other day, I ran into Pauline. Well, she recognized me and called out my name. When was the last time you were recognized, or you recognized someone while out shopping!! Good to see you in person, Pauline!!
I'm off to do errands this morning. I hear that our area is finally coming out of lockdown on Monday, but my normal shopping area has been open for a while, and I need to get some stuff. I have a list, and I'm excited!!! I'll be in and out as I need to get home as there are quilts to quilt, a class to teach, and quilt tops to sew together.
I'm so excited that it's getting light in the morning. When does that time change happen? But at least, it'll be light later into the evening! Spring is coming!!! Now, all we need is a bit warmer weather. The last couple of days, the wind has been quite cool, but that hasn't stopped me from walking. I'm still out regardless. Got to get that fresh air, got to clean the cobwebs from my brain. The apple has fallen far from the tree in that respect as my mom has NOT been out of her apartment in over two years. Not even to go into the hallway of their building. Not even on the balcony! I would die!
Well, it's time to get the day started!!! I'm off to find out what time the stores open. 9 AM!!!!
And if you're wondering what the decluttering task is today? It's a continuation of the magazine thing.
Have a super day!!