Saturday, March 20, 2021

Tula Pink Sampler Show and Tell

 

Thanks to Marg and Cathie, I now know the difference between a Hairy Woodpecker and a Downy Woodpecker. They look the same, but apparently, the Hairy one is MUCH larger! I would say that we have a Downy Woodpecker visiting us - not the big guy!! Thanks for that information. And that was my learning tip of the day! 

Wow -- an action-packed day yesterday and today will be the same. I had to get up at ridiculous o'clock to get the presentation finished for this morning's class. I've no one to blame but me. Instead of fooling around with half-square triangles, I should have been sewing!  No worries - I'm good with ridiculous o'clock. 

Besides, I had to get up in the night again! I do have to say that my knee and back felt like a million bucks when I walked yesterday, so that was good. I did NOT have time for the exercises last night, but I'll be back at it tonight. 

Enough of that - we have some Show and Tell, and I'm so excited about this quilt!! 

Here's the book in case you want to join! It's never too late to join this class - just let me know. The blocks are super easy to do, which I love. 



Tula Pink's City Sampler


There are five different quilts/settings in the book, but HEY -- you can do whatever you want with the blocks. Use one of the settings, change up the colors, change up the settings - it's your quilt!!!

Some of us are doing the Gridlock quilt, which ranges from red in one corner to purple in the other. It's a bit of a challenge to get the variety of colors needed, but HEY - we love challenges. 

This is Barb's version. She's using the Gridlock as her reference and is working on filling in the gaps with the colors as she goes along.


Barb


Carol is using the Linework, a fabric collection by Tula, and added polka dots and stripes in black and white! WOW!!!


Carol


Corrie has some fabulously bright colors in her blocks. And YES - the blocks are all the same size - it's amazing how just a slight tip of the camera can distort the blocks!

Corrie


Dede has some gorgeous black and whites that she's using for her quilt. Add in a few little pops of color for the sashing, and well, this is going to be gorgeous!

Dede

Dede


Heather sent me her work in progress. One block was done at 5 PM, but by class time, more were made. Yes - they are super simple to make. 

Heather's work in progress

Kathy is working on a very unusual color palette, and I really like it. And she fussy cut some of the blocks - can you find the bra and panty set?? 

Kathy


Liz is working with Kaffe Fassett fabrics. This is going to have a rich and vibrant feel to it!!


Liz


Loretta is using a mix of colors in her quilt. I LOVE it - throw caution to the wind and go for it! 


Loretta


Lynn has selected some vibrant and clear colors for her blocks. I see a few fussy cuts in there as well - flamingos and whales! 


Lynn


Monica is also using the Line works collection and black and white. I love a black and white quilt!


Monica


Morgan is using at least one Tula Pink fabric in each block along with solids. 

Morgan



You want to talk about fussy cutting? How about this - not only did she fussy cut, but she matched the print on two different colorways for her half-square triangles. Now that's amazing!!!


Why use one colorway when you can use two?



Rose is working on the Gridlock version as well. None of us are professional photographers, and while some of these colors look a bit bleached out, they are not! I wish we could see them all in person. 


Rose


Sharon has gone insane! Why make one quilt when you can make TWO. Her first has the multi-colors of the Gridlock version. 


Sharon Version one



And then she has a black and white version as well!!  I really wanted to make a second quilt, but I couldn't find the fabric collection I thought I had. Sigh..............  But then, I didn't really need a second quilt, so I guess that's a good thing. 

Sharon Version two



Wendy is working on a purple and green combination. We're not sure where this is going and how the purple and green will relate to each other. Well - purple and green are gorgeous together - it's how the blocks will be placed that we don't know yet! 


Wendy



And there you have it -- some stunning show and tell. We had a few people who were absent last night. 


WAIT A MINUTE - where are my blocks???  


Here are my blocks for the first two months. 



My blocks

After adding in the new blocks for this month, this is what my quilt looks like. I'm thrilled beyond words at how it's turning out!!!  It's almost time to start transitioning to the cooler side of the color wheel!!!



Thirty blocks for Tula Pink City Sampler


Here's a picture from the book on the Gridlock quilt. Mine is definitely HOTTER than the original, and I'm good with that. 



Gridlock quilt



Well, if that doesn't get you inspired - I don't know what will!!


On that note, I'm out of here. I think I'm on Zoom pretty much the entire day! And I'm going to try and quilt my Trendtex Challenge today. Then back to customer quilts tomorrow. 


Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment