Friday, August 5, 2011

OK - so I went overboard!!!!!


As much as I say ENOUGH is ENOUGH, I can't help myself when it comes to S.E.X.

Hey - get your mind out of the gutter - I am talking about a Stash Enhancing Xperience!!!   And while I was very good when I was on my bike, once I got off - well all rational thought went out the window.

Two FQ in black with primary colours (got a project in mind for those!)

Halloween panel

A Halloween FQ and a pack of Halloween charm squares
 Yes - I know - more Halloween fabric - not that I need any more - I blame Carol for this fetish!!!!
Existing basket of Halloween fabric!!!!!   Oh yeah - I need MORE!!!!!!!


Couple of meters of cool Christmas fabric


A six inch square (yeah - this was a freebie from one store!)

Flannel strip on the DIAGONAL. I have used this in the past for bindings for children's flannel quilts and I ran out. I couldn't resist. Only bought one meter.

Oranges that I bought to make my bracelet - remember that bracelet????


The bracelet pattern I bought at the beginning of the trip

More orange for the bracelet

Apparently this fabric was from a line called Dear Jane (which I want to make)
Dear Jane book (in case you have no idea what Dear Jane is all about!)

Flower panel (yes I know they have them locally, but I saw this one at the quilt show and it was very heavily embellished and looked gorgeous. I finally caved!!!!)

Fabric by Amy Bradley and how could I resist when I already have the pattern (OK - so I haven't made it yet, but now I have the perfect backing!!!!)

Quilt Diva pattern

BLAH BLAH BLAH - Maxine fabric, but it is WORDS and I love WORD fabric


But the fabric has all been put away where it belongs. But I really really do NOT want to buy more. This bloody obsessive nature of mine. If I could only be obsessive about NOT buying fabric. No wonder I hate shop hops!!!!!   If I don`t go to the store - I am not tempted!!!!

Although I have to say that yesterday I went to Ruti`s to get the binding for the quilt I am working on and that is ALL I bought - just .75 meter of fabric to make the binding!!!!   Why can`t I do that everywhere??????   I need a budget and CASH.

I mean when this happens to you - how can you actually justify buying more.

Sadly the last issue of FiberArts magazine (the company is going to focus on Quilting Arts magazine!)

But remember that contest with the studios. Well I grace the last issue having won the BEST STASH part of the contest. I guess I should be embarrassed!!!!!  But I love that room. It is inspirational, now I just need the time to do what I am inspired to do!!!!!


In case you were wondering - YES - I managed to get the customer quilt done!!!!!!   The binding is on and I will be hand stitching for the next while. Yeah - just glad to be done the quilting. 

Customer quilt




Oh - and in case you have no idea what Day and Night quilt looks like (I mentioned it yesterday) here it is.





Had a good workout with Alwin yesterday. Don't feel sore today at all so that is a good thing. All that hard work is paying off. However my knee - well it felt pretty decent yesterday and today is HURTS like crazy. I need to sit with an ice pack and since I am just binding today - I will be able to do that.

On that note - I'm out of here!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being a Fiber Arts winner. Your stash & stash organization is impressive.

    I wonder how many quilts are in that basket of Halloween fabric and how many bracelets you could make with the orange?? I love Halloween fabric too but only have one pile in my fabric cupboards. (and some more on my Wishlist at ThousandsOfBolts)

    ReplyDelete