Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I've gone DOTTY


You arrive home from vacation and what do you do???  Yes - you unpack, do laundry and all that. If you are a quilter - you also unpack all your purchases and admire them. As I was admiring them and sorting them into categories to make it easier to put away, I noticed something VERY STRANGE.

It seemed that I was on a dot kick. Don't believe me - have a look at this........


Big white dots on orange (loved it and bought all they had - 3 meters!)

Multi sized dots in green - hmmm - I really really like this. Perhaps I should get some more. This came from The Quilt Patch - HEY - don't buy it all!!!!

Small white dots on brown. This is gorgeous in real life!!!!   Also purchased at The Quilt Patch. They had the MOST amazing selection of browns and taupes. I wish my suitcase had of been bigger!!

Big white dots on red!

Yellow and orange dots on yellow!


Small white on brown. I've seen as stems in applique and just gorgeous!
Small white on red

Small white on orange/yellow


Can you believe that?????   I had a good chuckle over that. Since they had been purchased over a period of 5 weeks and once they got packed away, I didn't really see them again until they surfaced this week.

I also bought a few trims - Hey the Fabricland in Penticton was selling off all their stock - I mean ALL their stock. Something about the store changing hands and the new owner wanted everything NEW????   Go figure. Thank goodness the sale was almost over when I arrived!!!!

I LOVE rick rack. The two packages were bought at The Quilt Patch - they use rick rack a LOT. The loose stuff I got at  Fabricland. The rick rack in the packages are VERY large. 

Trim for seascapes (yeah - some day I will get to it!!!!)

Cool coloured zippers - yes I already have a couple, but these were on SALE!!!!!!

Also picked up some iron away stabilizer that I have always wanted to try


Had a good day yesterday - did make good progress on the quilt, but it is going to be a long day today as I need to finish it today. No breaks today!!!!!

Also had a visit with the chiro about my knee. OK - so doesn't seem to be anything serious, except that it is going to take time to heal and I need to work out all the kinks in the muscles surrounding the knee. I KNEW it was going to be painful. CRAP - well back again today for more treatment - they run electric current through it and it did feel better after that. But it didn't last!!!

Oh yes - while cleaning up your sewing room is a good thing, it is also a dangerous thing to do. I got a list of the classes I will be teaching at one store. One of the classes (Day and Night) is something I taught before and I had made the quilt blocks at that time, but did not get the top sewn together. I decided that I would dig out that project and I could try to get some of the blocks together (hey - maybe even the entire top!!!)  Well I knew WHERE the project USED TO BE, but do you think I could find it????  I searched in several places and then finally searched on the other side of the closet from where the project was originally and VOILA - it was in a box - even LABELLED!!!!!   OK - should have looked there first!!!!   So yes - ANOTHER project to sew - but no time for that right now - that quilt is calling me.




Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment