Saturday, August 20, 2011

european vacation - day twelve part two

Sorry - once I scrolled back up - I couldn't finish this blog - so read the other part first and then come back here.

Anyway - we bought a copy of Anne's Diary and the book of the museum. I mean if M asks for that - you bet I purchased it. It was so cool to see her actual diary and to wander through the rooms. Very sary.

Back to the hotel room - hey we DO NOT need a map - my sense of direction has kicked in and for the most part - there is somewhat of a grid system so you can easily make your way from A to B without getting lost. And we are sticking to the somewhat larger streets and avoiding those tiny little alleys filled with god knows what!!!!

I went out to try the last three geocaches. I found two including the one that had alluded me in the mooring. The owner was very quick and had replaced it. Since I could see that on the internet - I trekked back to get it. Not too many peope around, but VERY hard to bend on one knee to get the darn thing and be discreet and even harder to get down to put it back.

Then onto an earth cache where we had to log some information. ooh info about the land underneath Amsterdam. But tricky as I walked around this building, but couldn't get a reading - then realized that I had to walk inside and with the greenhosue roof - I found the display that gave me the information.

I did not find the last one - I was getting tired - I have walked miles and my legs, knees and hips are just about done in!!!!!! I know - I need to be stretching. This stupid injury has just about killed me on this vacation and after standing for two long - well I am stiff as a board. I feel like I am 80 years old with BAD HIPS and BAD knees. It is pretty pathetic.

WE picked up a few souvenirs and then back to the hotel. Where we are safely ensconced although we can hear the drinking sports fans???? yelling in the square. SAme thing as last night - I have no idea why, but must be something to do with Dam Square.

Anyway - it is now 8 PM and we have't had dinner yet. I am afraid to go look for something, but I guess we must.

Have a great day

Ciao!!!!



PS - don't get me wrong - I like Amsterdamn, but VERY VERY different from the other two cities we visited.


PS - the pained in the ass (AKA M) is asking me to write something specific about her as she watches the typing appear on the iPad. Is wearing a toque that we bought with Amsterdam on it (and wearing shorts) with her airplane pillow around her neck and she is hungry so we better go.

Ciao!!!!!


OH yes - one other thing we learned on this vacation - 10 - 12 days is plenty long enough!!!!!!!! Although we are still having fun and M is getting more and more animated as the trip goes on - (heck we haven't even had a fight yet), but we are both ready to come home!!!!!

BTW - the mini bar is LOADED with BOOZE.

1 comment:

  1. So I googled "amsterdam" and "geocache" and came across this blog post! It sounds like you are pretty good at geocaching.
    I actually have two layovers in Amsterdam on my trip to India (on my way there and back), and would love to try and find a geocache or two. I'll probably stick to the easier ones, since I'm still very much an amateur. I was wondering what you used as a gps device? I've only ever used my car gps, but it only works in the states.

    ReplyDelete