Monday, August 8, 2011

That's what FRIENDS are for!!!!!



I have the BEST friends in the entire world.

To make a long story SHORT - I had a quilt that URGENTLY needed the binding hand stitched down. I was running out of time (when am I not!!!!)

Marian (the VERY BEST FRIEND in the whole wide world) arranged with some of my other friends to come and help stitch the binding down (she didn't even ask me). And surprisingly with very short notice - they came. Six people ended up coming on Friday to help. I mean does it get any better than that??????   It was SO NICE to see everyone again and get caught up on the summer news (oh yes and the binding did get sewn down)


THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU ladies - I so appreciate the help and the company.

The binding BEE


 And what did the girls do while the ladies worked????



Sammy and Sparky - NAPPING


Kaylee - destroyed a toy!!!!  (what else is new!)



Yesterday I taught a class on hand quilting. I do very little hand quilting, but once you have the technique down - well it is like riding a bike - you never forget. I have a couple of small projects that I want to hand quilt - I must put those on the TO DO list.

Since getting home I have been rather lethargic - partly due to the weather, partly because I am getting ready for another adventure and I was just moping around the house. Then it hit me what the problem was - I DID NOT have a list of things to do!!!!!!   Once I made a list - then I became more energetic and FOCUSED. See what five weeks away can do - I forgot everything I had learned!!!!

Well I have been ripping through my list of TO DOs. Amazing what we attempt to get done as we attempt to get ready to leave. What do we think we are???   Superwoman or something???

One of the things on my list was to get several e-mails out. However I had trouble with Outlook when I got home so was reading e-mail off the web site (which I didn't like). I had so many e-mails (you don't even want to know how many) in Outlook that I was having trouble deleting e-mails which is ironic if you think about it. I decided yesterday that it was time to update my Outlook - I had version 2002!!!!!   Yep - 10 year old software. I broke down and bought 2010. Installed it and of course - I'm not sending - I'm not receiving. The program isn't responding. Well all that crap. Anyway - GUESS WHAT - with a bit of perseverance and threats to call for assistance - I got everything working!!!!!!!    And now that I have ONENOTE and tons of more options in e-mail - I PROMISE to myself to clean up the inbox. Of course - DELETE works just as well and much more quickly!!!!!!

That is going to be part of my TO DO when I am back. I have to get the paper (or communication) side of my life set up. That is going to be tough - but I am ready to be ruthless. It's got to go!!!!!!

On that note - I have one more e-mail to sent this AM - then I have Monday Motivators. I've missed the girls and looking forward to seeing them.

Don't forget to call a friend today - they are the best thing in the entire world!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment