Saturday, September 3, 2011

Quilting is BORING (if you are a dog!!!)


Mom - that lady is going to let me blog, BUT first she said we had to talk about the quilting stuff. Quilting stuff is SO BORING!!!!!!!!    But she is going to let me blog so here goes........



That lady said that she told you all about a project she was going to start a week ago, but she did NOT!!!!  That lady decided that yesterday was a good day to start.



It's a Bling Thing

And here is her basket of fabric

As usual she dumped that entire basket of fabric on the counter (so I couldn't touch any of it!!!) - See what I mean - quilting is boring!!!!   Then she went through it and found a colour scheme based on one fabric which I will show you in a minute. Then she cut and organized and realized that she did NOT have enough of one colour. Guess what Mom - that lady took her BIKE to the quilt store. Does she think she is in Europe?????  She looks so cute on the bike and I think she went to the bank and the library as well. How am I supposed to go with her when she goes on the bike??????   Again - boring!!!!!

When she got home she cut up the new fabric (she did not need much!!) and then she sewed and she sewed and she sewed. Again boring!!!!!!   She cut and sewed and joined fabric strips until there was not much fabric left and then she had this!!!!

The blocks and setting triangles all laid out!!!

The inspiration fabric (which will become the inner border) and the outer border/binding

The backing except there isn't enough so have to find something to go with this


DONE!!!!!!   That is the quilting part of this blog - now it is all about ME!!!!!!  

Mom - how was your flight last night?????   Did Dad get there??????  Oh my goodness - you can never go away without having an adventure!!!!!   I will be following your blog so you better make sure you keep it updated!!!!!

My Mom and Dad's GREAT ADVENTURE to FRANCE


Mom - that lady says that it is already in the afternoon where you are? Is that right???   It is still early in the morning here and I am NOT allowed to bark. Yes - more boring stuff!!!!!

But Mom - I have to tell you that I had so much fun last night. Oh yeah - have a look at this......

I got squeakers out of toys

I even took the covers off the squeakers

I got the stuffing out of the toys
More stuffing and my favourite toys

And I emptied the toy box!!!!!


Mom - I was a BUSY dog last night!!!!!

And Mom -  that big black dog and the fuzzy dog - they are mamby pamby dogs!!!!!   They need QUILTS in their dog beds!!!   I DO NOT need a quilt and the first thing I did was get the quilt OUT of the dog bed.

See - I almost have the quilt OUT of the bed

GONE!!!!!!
 Then I thought I would try to play with the big black dog, but look at how lazy she is

She is just lying there - never mind that it is almost 10:30 PM. LAZY!!!!!!

Mom - then the lady took me on an adventure. She said she had to go to the airport AGAIN!!!!!   This time she said she was meeting Carol and giving her Mary's round robin, but MOM - it looked suspicious. Late at night - almost midnight (all the planes were late yesterday!!!), secret meetings in the parking lot - I bet they were doing something BAD!!!   But that lady seemed happy because Carol gave her this......

More orange fabric!!!!!

And purple - too purple for Carol's quilt so this has to go back to Carol.  But the lady says she needs to look at it again when she is NOT tired.

When we were getting ready to go to the airport, the big black dog ran outside and I was on my leash. When I got in the car, the big black dog went back inside!!!!!   Oh MOM - I am FIRST at everything and I am the BOSS. I don't let the big black dog or the fuzzy dog get away with anything!!!!  

Even this morning on our walk - I was FIRST all the time - well except for ONE TIME when I let the big black dog walk ahead of me!!!   Mom - I was running like a crazy dog - jumping over logs - running around trees and I had SO MUCH FUN. But where are the squirrels and rabbits????   That lady promised me I could chase squirrels and rabbits. Hopefully tomorrow we will find squirrels and rabbits.

When I came back in the house - that lady tried to take a picture of me, but I was too quick. She had to take a million pictures before she got one that wasn't blurry!!!!

MOM - did you know my tongue was that LONG????????   How cool is that and I make such a mess when I am drinking water!!!!!  


Oh yes - Carol also gave that lady a BUNCH (well four) travel bugs for geocaching. So with the one that you gave her yesterday she now has TEN that she needs to get rid of. You know what that means????   The geodogs will be required to help out!!!!!   Mom - I am going to go geocaching!!!!!   That lady says I have to be well behaved or I won't be able to go. Her leg still hurts!!!!!   But I keep trying to lick it to help it heal!!!   MOM - I am a GOOD DOG!!!!!

Four new travel bugs to put out

And Mom - don't forget to check up on Ronda when you are away. Remember she is trying to do a cache a day for a year.

Ronda's Geocaching Adventures

Gosh - Mom - EVERYONE (except the big black dog and the fuzzy dog) are going on adventures!!!!

OK - I have a confession to make - I am NOT always a good dog. Look what happened.....

Ooops - the screen broke
Mom - I swear it wasn't entirely my fault!!!!!   OK - so there were tears from my previous visit, but I haven't learned how to open the screen (that big black dog has to show me - she is smart at some things). And that lady knows to leave the screen open just a bit so I can get out, but that girl closed the screen all the way and BAM - when I jumped up - the screen just ripped open!!!!   So I think THAT GIRL is the one to blame for this!!!!!   Maybe they will learn that I am still learning and they need to help me!!!!!

Oh yes - that lady says that I have to add this picture as well.

The hall closet is DONE!!!!!  
She got the last of the shoes in the closet yesterday because she does NOT trust me with shoes. She still hasn't found the second flip flop from her gym bag!!!!   So all the shoes for that lady and the man are in this closet. She has to find a place for all of that girls' shoes. And that empty space - well there are two baskets that the man is supposed to sort through, but he is slow. Yep - he's a man!!   Slow!!


Well - I am exhausted now. Can't wait to hear what other adventures you have - like did your luggage arrive?????    Take lots of pictures and lots of stories MOM!!!!!   I miss you!!!!!!!!  

Love Kaylee!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment