Friday, August 3, 2012

Retreat Day Two - a S L O W day


I do not know what was the matter with me, but I had a SLOW day. But the others got lots of work done but I did not take pictures. Elaine ST was still working on half square triangles and her redwork quilt. Kathleen was working on more baby quilts and her strawberry applique. Judy was quilting a quilt. Linda was working on BooVille, Marian was helping Flo and I don't know if she was doing anything for herself. Flo was working on her exchange block and it is DONE!!!!   Lynn was working on Farmer's Wife.

Me - Well I got that top (except the borders)


The TOP DONE!!!!!!    I LOVE it - thanks Mary - and NO you can't have the fabric back. 


Here it is with the borders, but now I am not sure that I want to use this fabric for the border.
The two borders being auditioned

Close up of the borders. 



I like the first border - the muslin, but the other one seems a bit bright. Time to get some opinions.


And it took me ALL day to get one quarter done. And I got 3/4 done the day before!!!!   But then I seemed to spend part of the day digging out fabric for Flo and others!!!!   No big deal. I got this done and that is all I care about. And my allergies seem to be acting up!!!!


After everyone left - I needed a nap. I haven't been sleeping well. Then M decided she NEEDED to sew something. So she came down and whipped up a pair of shorts. I mean she has this elastic waist pant thing down pat!!!!!   She even changed the needle that she broke on the elastic ALL BY HERSELF. I had shown her the other day when she broke another needle - also on the elastic.

Yeah M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


M - whipping up another pair of shorts. 


Now the Olympics are on and I haven't been watching. I found an app on my iPad. It is a great app by CTV. But a big problem was we could NOT get any sound. Yet I listen to the radio on the iPad all the time. So I gave it to M last night to see what the problem was. And she figured it out. Two points for the TEEN. Thanks M. And now I can watch the Olympics live on the iPad. Does that count as watching TV?????


The Olympics on the iPad.

And here is one of our visitors. Isn't she cute??????


Sammy with her toy - looking ADORABLE.



OK - two people are here already and I have work to do.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Try a fabric from Northcotts line Saville Row. lots of browns, blacks, tans and taupes.
    Have a great retreat....I am heading out on the road again....I will be sewing binding down in the van. Should be fun on the gigantic quilt!

    Maryv

    ReplyDelete