Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Retreat - Day One



ACK - I am running behind. People are calling me, e-mailing me - Don't forget to get this to me. Don't forget to get that to me. HELP!!!!!   Let's just take one thing at a time..........


We were seven yesterday and yes we got work done. I didn't get pictures of everything, but I know that Elaine S was working on half square triangles - yeah. I think she was going to trim a bunch of them while watching the Olympics last night. Pauline is working on something special which I won't show you until she is done and YES - she will get it finished. Katheleen made a couple of baby quilt tops, but I think she has applique to do on them today. Flo was working on a block for our secret exchange so obviously I can't show you that. Linda got a baby quilt top done and Marian - well she is still working on Primitive Gatherings. Some day she will finish it - some day................


Here is Linda's top. It is for her grandson who is in a young bed, so technically NOT a baby quilt top. 
 And what did I work on???   Well you know how it is - you have BIG plans. I have a laundry basket FULL of stuff that I want to get sewn, but FIRST, I MUST get those two quilts off the design wall. And I have promised the wall to TWO people on Friday, so I have my work cut out for me.


While I am sewing the stuff on the wall, I am doing enders and leaders. This is from the Bonnie Hunter mystery from last fall. So MUCH sewing on this one. But the above is the LAST of this unit. Then I need to do a ton of cutting to move onto the next stage. 

This is what I have sewn so far of these units. I believe there will be 350 when I am done. Always fun to see how well you counted when you get to the end. Will there be any pieces left over??????   Should find out today. 

This is what I worked on. Whenever someone walked by or more likely a DOG wagging its tail - some of these half square triangles would fall off. ENOUGH - time to get this off the wall. I managed to get 3/4 of it done yesterday. 

Here is one quarter of it


I made a vow that I was going to finish it BEFORE I went to bed. But after checking e-mail when the last person left - OH CRUD, someone - that darn editor needs some pictures which I do not have, so I had to scramble to get those done.


Part of the prep work for the pictures required the use of an electric knife. I know - don't ask. And for some reason, I still have my electric knife. I never use it - can't remember when I last used it, but I have one.
Electric knife

I opened the box and found the bill. Do you know when it was bought? Or should I say what era????


Can you see that date?????   February 23, 1980!!!!!!!  It is practically an ANTIQUE!!

I will be hanging onto this tool, but now it really isn't a kitchen tool any more. It is a sewing room tool. That means it will NEVER leave. Had it stayed in the kitchen, it would likely have been culled at the next sweep through the cupboards!!!!


Oh yes - in addition to sewing all those half square triangles together, I twirled all the seams on the back which is why it took so much time. And half of the units have to have the seams pressed in the opposite direction. I know - I CANNOT help paying attention to those small details.


Look at the expression on these faces. Does that convey guilt?????   Just not sure what they were guilty of????   OOOPS - can't see that project they were working on - This is Marian and Flo in case you don't know them. 

Pauline brought her Border Creek Mystery to show us. Very nice. Can't' wait to see the entire show n tell. It is going to be fun. 




Last night was yoga by the pool at the gym. So M, Berke and I bundled ourselves to the gym. Berke kept wanting to jump in the pool!!!!   Anyway - it is gorgeous outside at night. I hope everyone had a chance to get out. There were some threatening clouds which all disappeared, we watched the sun set and the sky cleared and it was GORGEOUS. Even a touch chilly if I might say so. I haven't been to yoga for a couple of weeks and it shows. I NEED to get back - I felt very awkward.

On that note - it is time to get back to work. No one has arrived yet - whew!!!!     And I still owe you some pictures from the vacation - a couple of great things - in a few days - I will get to it.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment