Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day three - lots of work done!


Day Three of the in house retreat. And with the weather being the way it is - you certainly want to be indoors. The heat and humidity is getting tiresome. I mean - just give me ONE night where the temperature goes to 10 degrees.

But we are cool in the basement, got the A/C on and several fans and we are very comfortable. And enjoying the Olympics on my iPad. I wish they would have TV like this all the time - then maybe I would watch a program or two. But then I would get sucked in - so no that is OK.

I managed to snap some pictures yesterday, because people are coming and going - not everyone is here on all the days.


Linda (in her usual style of working on things that I WANT to do) is making BooVille. It is adorable!!!!

And in typical Linda fashion - the eyes are crystals!!!!  So cute. 

She is also working on the spool quilt from Laundry Baskets Quilts (Edyta Sitar) 


I LOVE both of those quilts and if I could - I would start them in a heartbeat, but the realistic side of me looks at the 2012 shelf and sighs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    There is NO WAY I can squeeze out another project.

Next year???????


Lynn got five blocks complete for Farmer's Wife project. Very nice colours
 And she was working on some of the exchange blocks so can't show you that.


Now I can say that I have started this one (Farmer's Wife) and I would love to say that I am caught up, but I am WAY BEHIND. I am going to have to kick into high gear on this one or it won't be done for the reveal in November.


Elaine was sewing this redwork quilt together. I have started this quilt with a group (Elaine being one of the group). Several of them are very close or have finished. Oh well - this one has to go on the back burner. 

Elaine was also working on pinwheels. This is for a quilt that I started years ago. It has embroidery in it so while my half square triangles are together, I still have the embroidery to do. Yep - that is on the back burner as well. 


I just read in an online group of a woman whose husband picked up quilting 2 years ago. She had been quilting for 16. He has fallen deeply in love with the quilting thing and has gone through her 16 years of UFOs. Wow - I want a husband like that!!!!   Or maybe NOT!!!!



Still can't show you want Pauline is working on - she is making AMAZING progress and you will love what she is working on. It is now on the design wall and we are getting a full appreciation of it. Katheleen is still working on the baby quilts - I must get pictures of that today. Joyce was working on half square triangles yesterday, but I forgot to get pictures. Flo was working on all kinds of stuff for the exchange so I can't show you anything of what she did, but she made BIG progress so I think she went home very happy. Marian - well I don't know what she was doing, but hopefully still working on Primitive Gatherings. Her October deadline is fast approaching and with her travel schedule - well I am not sure that she will get it completed. Here I am offering her an EXCELLENT opportunity to sit down with LOTS of friends to get some work done and well - you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!!!!!


I was up and down, search for this, search for that, I tell you this has been a TOUGH crowd!!!!   Hopefully today it will be quieter! HA - I doubt that.

I did get a lot of work done on the raffle quilt and I am close to being finished so that is a good thing. It would be great to get that done today. It was NOT my plan to spend my personal retreat time working on these projects, but time is of the essence here and no choice. Oh well - there will be more opportunities.


After everyone left, I managed to get these three blocks ready for the applique stitching.  These were the blocks that I won at the Block of the Month. In order to make a quilt, I needed THREE more blocks. Remember - they said, I had to be done by September. Well - I am making a valiant effort to show them, that YES - I do get things done. OK - so this counts as a new project, but well - I am allowed to break my own rules!!!!   (Just not too often!!!)

Three flower blocks for the Block of the Month

Then Ronda stopped by for a quick visit. She made a mad dash to the Maritimes - I think just to add those provinces to her repertoire of places they have geocached!!!    Don't think I didn't catch that Ronda!!!!!

But look - I got cute prezzies!!!!!


Two cute tins - one from Anne of Green Gables - gosh I was there in 1979

And a thimble to add to my collection

My thimble collection

Pauline brought me these gorgeous flowers which are now sitting on my sewing table. Thanks Pauline!!!!!

And here is the raffle quilt - almost together except for that one block that is still missing. I am working on it today!!!!
I think I am going to have to take one block out and swap with the block I am working on. No big deal.


Well no one is here yet and I've got to get to work.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment