Thursday, August 9, 2012

Quilts on Barns - Part 2



Susan sent me the missing picture. While technically this isn't a quilt on a barn, it is in the same genre and it is gorgeous!!!


Second Quilt block on a barn in Saskatchewan


Susan - thank you so much for sending that photo. I wish I had a barn that I could put one of these one. I doubt the city (or my neighbours) would go for having one of these on the front of my house.   Hmmmmm - I do have TWO garage doors. Wouldn't that be the talk of the neighbourhood!!!!!

No - the customer quilt is NOT done yet. I know - what am I doing????   Well the computer has been pulling me in that direction. I HAD to get working on the next article for A Needle Pulling Thread. It seems that I just finish and then it is time again to do the next one. The fact that I am now doing TWO per issue is tough.

Here is the cover of the latest magazine (Summer 2012) which was late coming out depending on how you got the magazine. No fault of the editor - a distribution glitch which I hope they got fixed.




The Summer issue of A Needle Pulling Thread



And here are my two articles - the first one is the Tech Tips and this time it is all about Borders. Of course, I wouldn't show you the entire article - you MUST go and buy it to read it.


Border Article

The second one involves the making of that gigantic Linen Quilt. Carla (the editor) and the person who commissioned the quilt wrote a blurb and then my article (about the challenges of making the quilt) are on the next page.


Living in Linen (that is the name she gave to the quilt - I LOVE IT) especially since the materials for the quilt top came from linen clothing.




So I have been mad at work writing, editing, proofing and taking pictures. I have submitted the first article and currently submitting the photos. Then onto the next one of which some of the photos are already gone.


Oh yes - it is a never ending process. I was tempted to cut back, but when you open the magazine and see your name - well - you want to do it all over again. Kind of like having a child!!!!



And I think I had better come up with a plan for my pictures very quickly. I decided to empty one of my camera cards (my typical method is just buy a new one) but since I have NINE of them, I better start reusing. And yes I know there is a delete button on the camera - it is just that after I load them on the blog, then I tend to forget about them. So I must get myself busy and start organizing and deleting and keeping only those that are really relevant. Do you know how many pictures were on this one card?????? 2,306. It took ALL NIGHT and then some to transfer them to my computer!!!!!   OK - it was a BIG card.


On that note - I have TWO more looming computer jobs today, a couple of errands and I am in good shape. Oh yes and I MUST finish that customer's quilt today. No choice now!!!!



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment