Friday, November 23, 2012

Take a walk with M


M has done a couple of fashion shows in the last couple of days. I thought I would share the photos that we have of those events. DH and I went down town the other night to pick her up. Now it was after 10 PM and I was tired, but sometimes (and I hate to say this), but I have a hard time picking my kid out of the crowd!!!!   She is so grown up, I barely recognize her!!!!   Of course - they have her hair and makeup done so I don't know what she will look like when we pick her up!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Anyway - the first show was with second year students at Ryerson. This was the one where the quality of the clothing - well - let's just say that it was an assignment - not sure what the assignment was - but anyway - here we go...............



Ooops - first let's go back to the L'Oreal Show. They dyed her hair, then gave her highlights. And then a trim. Here is the colour with the highlights.


M's "new" hair.
 Shoot - I have to find the picture of the dress she wore that day.   Found them...............

Here are the girls with their hair (M is third from the left - I think!!!!! - just kidding!!!!!)

The updo

The dress (although it was a HAIR show so the dress was secondary)



OK - now we can go to the Second year Ryerson show...............


Just a tad heavy on the red eye brows????????

The dress - while I like the style of the dress,  it was NOT put together well. But I've already said that!!!!!!


The next show was also with Ryerson, but this time - it was the third and fourth year students. A MUCH more professional show.


The runway

A black wedding dress (this is NOT M) but I love the dress 

Detail of the black dress - it is GORGEOUS

Behind the scenes - yes - this is M. Apparently this dress was VERY TIGHT. But the bodice is gorgeous. I LOVE IT. 
 These pictures were taken by a professional photographer during the show................
On the runway (in black and white)

On the runway 
 The next dress was the complete opposite - it was TOO BIG. Apparently they had tape holding it up front and back, BUT that didn't necessarily hold the dress in place. So just before going on the runway, M took a big breath (to fill out her chest) and prayed a lot that the dress wouldn't fall. (No - it didn't)

Behind the scenes in dress number 2
 The professional photographer took the next two pictures......................
On the runway


I saved this next picture for last because it is my FAVOURITE.



This is M on the runway from the side. I just LOVE this photo!!!!!!


Well there you have it - the latest news from M.


I am very proud of her. She has matured in leaps and bounds over the last couple of months and I have to say that I think she handles herself quite well. Way to go M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    (don't ask me for money because I said that!!!!!)    She eats well, she gets her 8 hours of sleep - crap - if only she did it because I told her to!!!!


On that note - I'm out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment