Sunday, November 18, 2012

Easy Street revisited



I rarely go the movies, but when I do - I want it to memorable. But memorable in a NICE way. We had decided to go see the new James Bond movie. I never really gave it much thought as I was away in the day so DH purchased tickets on-line. The movie started at 6:55. He said we could leave the house at 6:30. WHAT???????   This is a new James Bond movie - it will be BUSY. "Oh no - it won't be that busy at this theatre and the movie has been out for a week". We agreed to be OUT OF THE HOUSE by 6:15. Berke was supposed to come with us, but he hadn't arrived by 6:15 - seems he hurt his knee and we would now have to pick him up. So much for having some extra time.

M did a SUPERB job of driving us there, but the parking lot was packed and the traffic into the parking was heavy. We made it to the theatre to PACKED lines at the food concession (hey - if I only go ever once in a while, I DESERVE to have popcorn). Anyway - we managed to snag a seat in the THIRD row from the front and not just in the third row but on the SIDE of the third row. M and I missed the first couple of minutes of the movie since we were stuck in the concession line. Oh well - the movie was memorable - well the movie experience was memorable and not in a good way. Next time - I GO BY MYSELF or I MAKE the plans and we leave early. If you are NOT ready - you are on your own. And people wonder why I don't do things in groups. I HATE HATE HATE being late, waiting for other people or not getting a good seat. I just HATE it.


OK - so let's get back to Easy Street - the new Bonnie Hunter mystery.

Linda told me yesterday that my paint chips didn't look as BRIGHT as those on Bonnie's blog. Not to be outdone by Bonnie - I retook the photos....................









I was planning to take the pictures outside but it isn't light enough yet, so yes they were taken with the florescent lights and there is a bit of a shadow. That gray is growing on me, but slowly - I think I will go with the DARKER gray.

However - I did find a white with a smidgen of black that I like.


I had the two on the bottom and I found the top one yesterday at Cockadoodle. I am thinking I will make the ENTIRE quilt  from the one white. 

Hey - let's throw all those paint chips away and use these colours instead. HOT HOT HOT



Well - it just seems that I am too busy to focus on the colour problem and yet, the new clue comes out on Friday so I better figure it out soon.

Last time I posted about Easy Street - I mentioned that those who didn't want to change the colours were LAZY. OK - so lazy might be a strong word, but if you don't want to make the quilt, don't have time to make the quilt - just say so. Don't say - I don't want to make it because I don't like purple. This is NOT a purple quilt.


Oh yes - here is the link to Bonnie's blog about Easy Street - so you can compare the colours..............


Easy Street by Bonnie Hunter




Whether you take the paint chips to her blog or mine - they are COMPLETELY different in person from what you see on the screen.


That is all I have time for today. I have someone coming to use the long arm and there is still a quilt on it and four people coming for a class and need to mess around with some fabric before they arrive.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment