Sunday, November 25, 2012

Take a walk with ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other day, I showed you some recent walks that M has taken. Today I am going to take you along with me on a recent walk.

Let's compare..............


Her footwear

My footwear   (got those heels are HIGHER than the tops of my boots)  (and thanks Helen Ann for the comfy wool socks - they are super)


Where M walks
Where I walked!!!!


Pretty funny.


Anyway - the other day it was a GORGEOUS day and although I had lots to do in the house, I just could not bear to be inside. The weather was going to turn colder and well - who could waste a beautiful day.

I called Marian - she was downtown and on her way home, but I could NOT wait. I know - what was the matter with me????   Anyway - I was going hiking close to her house and KAYLEE was home so I picked up Kaylee.

That poor dog did not know what happened to her. I went in the house, called her name (she was sleeping upstairs). Next thing she knew, her leash was on and she was whisked out to the car where her cousins, Sammy and Sparky were waiting. WHOA - where are we going??????

We ended up going on part of the Bruce Trail which is a fabulous facility so close to us. I really wish I could make more use of it.

Now we all had an excellent walk.....................


Sammy in all her cuteness

It is hard to get a picture of her because she wanted to stick to my heel like velcro!!!!!  This is mostly what I saw of Sammy - the top of her head

Although there were times when she did wander off. She is also my camouflage  dog. She is pretty much dead center in this picture, but she sure blends into the dead leaves. 


And Sparky had a fabulous walk as well...................


Sparky - cute cute

What is that crazy Kaylee doing - stay on the PATH!!!!

But Sparky still had energy to burn at the end of the walk

Sparky and Kaylee at play

However Kaylee - well Kaylee was like a six year old at Disneyland with NO PARENTAL SUPERVISION. Have a look.....................   can you tell what Kaylee's favourite things were on this walk............


OH - there is water

Oh my god - there is more water

Oh - this water is so good!!!!


And look at me running out of the water

Ooop - a mud puddle filled with water

Another mud puddle filled with water

An even BIGGER pond of water
Hey - there is something in the water

My there is a stick in the water


See - here is the stick I pulled from the water

And I am trying to run ON the water

Ooops - face plant in the water

I can LEAP out of the water like a dolphin

This pond is the BIGGEST yet

I found sticks in this water as well

Look - the water is so deep - I can swim

Look - I found a stick in this big pond of water


Well - did you guess what her two favourite things were????   If you guessed sticks and water - you would be right.

Honestly the second we saw a DROP of water, Kaylee was on it.

However Kaylee needs a few lessons of Bruce Trail etiquette. First you are supposed to stay on the Bruce Trail. There are blazes on the trees to help guide you...............


See - blue or white blazes on the trees
But wait a minute - what is that sign on the right - NO TRESPASSING. Well it appeared to be positioned to not go off the path to the right so we stayed on this path. 
Then at one point we saw these signs. Hmmmm - do you think we are NOT on the Bruce Trail any more???


I started to check the signs and OOPS - I don't think we are in Kansas any more. We turned around and OH DEAR - here are the blazes again (we probably walked 2 KM on NON Bruce Trail).   I wasn't even paying attention - I was just following the girls who seemed to be following the beaten path. Well the Bruce Trail did NOT follow this path all the way.


Kaylee is trying to learn what a blaze is!!!!

 Needless to say - we passed some interesting terrain on our walk - both on and off the Bruce Trail.




This is OFF the Bruce Trail. 

So was this - DEEP ruts

This was ON the Bruce Trail

Bruce Trail

NOT on the Bruce Trail - it was about here that I decided to turn around


Bruce Trail - pretty rocky terrain to walk on

Bruce Trail. Yes - that is Sammy way in the back. Or should I say the FRONT. We were heading home and I was diddling with their water bowl and the camera and the leashes and she was getting impatient and went ahead to wait for me. 

Now one more thing to do when out for a walk is to get a group shot. Well that was easy - Climb up here girls and I'll take your picture. This was the BEST I got from them.


Group shot of the girls


Then I thought it would be nice to have a group shot of ALL the girls including me. So we searched for just the right spot.....................


A perfect spot for me to sit

Just opposite this great tree limb (used as a shelf for the camera)
 And the results........................


At first they thought it was a game and all came running over

The log I choose was rotten and they were making me fall backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kaylee is trying to lick my ear - Sparky couldn't care less

LADY - this is getting OLD quick. Let's move on. 




There you have it - we were out for a couple of hours at least and no idea how far we walked - 6 - 7 KM?????   The terrain was NOT the easiest to walk on and my feet were tired when I got back to the car.

The girls - they were ECSTATIC  I am sure they will be begging me to go again!!!!!   Anybody want to come along next time?????   I need to remember a back pack as it was a challenge to juggle the camera, three leashes and a portable dog bowl/water bottle and eventually my scarf once I got too warm.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like all four of you had a great time. Hope you flipped the bird to the video surveillance sign....might as well give them something to look at. Probably some rich guys hunting lease. They're the worst about posting signs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Elaine that looks like a perfect day, I have been trying to hike the whole trail, I am about half way through, but I covered some parts more than once.

    ReplyDelete