Saturday, November 24, 2012

Love triangle on Easy Street!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Another whirlwind day!!!!   It was Pampered Sit n Sew day and I am not sure how the ladies felt when they left, but I was MOTIVATED to work.

I did not get pictures of everything that they were working on, but Pat and Ruth were both working on their log cabin blocks for Stonehenge meets Jamestown. I haven't blogged this yet - so bear with me - I have a bit of updating to do. Bottom line - it is an ongoing class at Ruti's.

While Ruth made EXCELLENT progress on her log cabins, Pat completed hers.


Twelve of Block A

Eleven of Block B


I know - you are saying A and B????   What is the difference????   Have a close look..............  


Do you see the difference????   Well the outside round of light is different as is the first light - the instructions say to swap those two fabric in the two blocks. Then when the light part of the blocks touch - it is NOT the same fabric. Well if you don't get it - hang on because you will see in a bit exactly what I mean.


Both sets of Pat's blocks - see the difference now????
Carol was working on Fourth of July and got FIVE of these pieces done. 

Cathy was working on some VERY cool art quilts - beautiful quilting on GORGEOUS hand dyed fabric. I didn't get a picture! Shoot. She also worked on a table runner - hey - what happened to the table runner????


Anyway - I love Sit n Sew as often, people end up working on something they are currently taking or have taken in a class with me!!!!!!   Always fun to see what they are working on.


I wasn't too too busy pampering the ladies - a bit of ripping and some pressing, so I got busy as well.

Now you know that I love HALF SQUARE TRIANGLES. And I collect those little cut off pieces from borders, bindings and whatever and then I sew them together, trim them and then - well have a look............


This is what I trimmed yesterday

I have this box with MANY half square triangles - all trimmed. I believe these ones are 1 1/2"

Another box of various sizes (all sorted in baggies) - these are all TRIMMED - again MANY HSTs in this box

These are sewn and waiting to be trimmed

This box is waiting to be sewn

As is this basket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


One of the reasons, I never did anything with them - well first off - I am NOT done by a mile, but it is an ongoing project. But the reason I haven't done anything yet is WHAT TO DO with them?????   I decided yesterday that I am going to take one size and start to play around. Then I can always make a different pattern/style with some of the other sizes. It is time to get a move on with this!!!!!   And they make great enders/leaders.

Speaking of enders and leaders - how about that Bonnie Hunter!   Yesterday was the FIRST sewing installment of Easy Street. And while there were no quarter square triangles (like last year - only 350 of them or something like that) heck there wasn't even half square triangles, just a mere 192 FOUR PATCHES to make. She promised that this year would be "easier" and so far the first clue is definitely easier.

While the ladies were working, I started on my Easy Street. I had been waffling on the grey - do I use grey or pick something else. Yep - the FIRST clue used the grey, so I dug out what I had - no need to buy new and found this....................


On the left is the background (white with black) and on the right is the "UGLY" greys that I bought a while back and I know that I would never use them so they got delegated to this project. 

I decided to use ONLY the chicken wire fabric, but have kept the other two with the project to see if maybe they will get worked in.
Hard to see in this picture, but one of those greys had a real pink tinge to it and after making a few of the "twosie" units, I decided to eliminate it. 

So I have FOUR greys (so far this isn't a scrap quilt!!!!!) - meaning I need 96  (of the twosie) units from each of the greys. Here I have ONE fabric completed (those are piles of ten - the last one in the third row is 6) and parts of the others. The big long pieces at the bottom right are the strips sewn together. I have some time between classes today and I should be able to get the rest of them cut. How is that for optimizing time???????



And after the ladies left, I got to working on the long arm...........................



Customer quilt

Detail of customer quilt


Now it was loaded, but I had not started the quilting. I was very happy to get that done. I have a "few" that need to be quilted before Christmas. Those custom ones bog me down so I have to learn how to do those ones faster - OK - I need to stop procrastinating with those ones!!!!

Now for a technology update..............................


The other day, I decided to take my car in for servicing. They told me when I bought it that I didn't need to make an appointment. I could just walk in so I decided to stop. Well - they were backed up and so I made an appointment for early (7:15) on Tuesday morning.

I decided to take my lap top so I could edit some pictures and get them ready for the blog - which I did and just haven't had a chance to post them yet and now I have HUNDREDS more to edit.

You see what happened - that same day, I decided to take my camera in for servicing. The lady asked me what was wrong. I told her. She took the camera, pointed and CLICK - the STUPID STUPID STUPID camera worked. So I took a picture - yep it worked. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR    - no idea what happened, but anyway, I brought the camera back home. I now have to cancel the service contract that I paid for.  But they said - no problem - they would refund it.

Anyway - it was just a stupid day - camera worked, couldn't get the car in for servicing.

I arrive at the dealer and told them what I wanted done. My "low tire pressure" light keeps coming on. Very annoying. Bottom line -  my appointment that was supposed to last one and one half hours - ended up being over FOUR hours. I know!!!!!!!!!!    They let the car cool trying to simulate the windshield rattling noise, then they found the issue with the tires (nail in one and broken seal on another) and that took over an hour.

Bottom line - thank god, I had taken my laptop because I just sat in the waiting room and edited photos. Then when I got bored of that - I organized. I mean, I organized my photos. I deleted some folders completely and got things looking not bad. I sorted through ALL that were sitting in miscellaneous folders. Now I must go through some of those folders and DELETE DELETE DELETE - but I just needed some quiet "away" time and I was VERY PRODUCTIVE with those four hours.

One other "little" favour, I asked the Toyota guys was to cut off the lock from my gym bag. I KNOW - what a thing to ask!!!!!!!!!!!!    You see - this lock was attached to my gym bag for years and it annoyed the heck out of me. I had long ago lost the combination. The guy laughed when he wrote it on the requisition, but when I got in the car - there was the lock - sitting in the cup holder. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   My gym bag is so much lighter now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11


Lock - that can FINALLY be thrown out!!!!!!!


And thanks to Judy for showing me how to click the appropriate box in WINDOWS that is supposed to close all TEMP files upon exiting or shutting down the system. Now why couldn't my guys in India tell me that?????   Because they wanted to see me software for $40. While I appreciate what they are trying to do - I did NOT appreciate the hard sell. Never mind that they were trying VERY HARD to get me to add on another year to my contract. Do you want to know what the expiration date of my contract is?????   Nope not in 2012, not in 2013 either - but MAY of 2014. But you save $50 TODAY. Yeah - well I can save $50 next year as well.


On that note - I have best get finished preparing for my classes today. Stay tuned - I have LOADS of reveal pictures that have to be posted and I will try over the weekend to get them all up.


Have a great day    (OH MY GOD - they are playing CHRISTMAS music on the radio)



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment