Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Highs and lows


Yesterday was an exciting day. I loaded a new quilt on the machine - a custom one that I had to piece the back so it took me a while to get going - figuring out how to mark the quilt and all. But I started the feathers in the border.

Then off to the Driver's Examination office after picking M up from school. Oh boy - she has had her G1 for several months and has been DYING to get the G2 which means she can drive by herself. Did I just hear my hair go gray?????

We arrive at the place - well it wasn't the place. It was what I thought was the place because she had NOT checked the address, then we had a bit of a chase around town to get to the right place. Of course, she was late, so we had to wait a bit before they would take her.

I am sitting in the waiting room and she comes RUSHING in - DO YOU HAVE THE KEY????   Nope - I'm NOT the driver today. The car is a keyless car - that is important to this story. So she runs back out - tells the instructor. They agree if the car starts - she can take the test. I`m sure that instructor wasn't giving her much chance, especially after being late!!!!   The key just has to be in the car to start. The car starts. Yeah - and she passes the test!!!!   First time!!!  

Way to go M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    (for passing first time)


Then the matter of finding the key. We head back home, but I wanted to stop by Chapter's so while I was in the store, M was searching for the key. No luck so we head home. Then DH joins in the search and even with flashlights and emptying the car - none of us can find the darn key. Of course - the car won't lock because the key is inside the car. Needless to say - DH was NOT impressed.


Way to go M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (for losing the key to the car)

Then Berke came to the rescue. He came over and he searched and searched and finally found the key wedged between the console and the driver's seat - midst all the wires and crap beneath the driver's seat. Yeah Berke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think everyone felt better about the whole day once the key was found.

Way to go M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (for persevering and getting a resource to find the key)


And before DH left with the car, M HAD to go BY HERSELF to Tim's to get her tea. Oh boy - did I mention that my hair is going gray FAST!!!!!



I have started to edit the pictures from the retreat, but not a lot of time these days.But I have managed to get this quilt top done.


Christmas Tree quilt done!!!!!!!!!!


Now to get the binding finished and the backing and then on the quilting machine!!!!!!!!!!!   It is a present for someone for Christmas (hey - it isn't even my quilt!!!!!!!!) so got to get that done.


Anyway - that is it for today. I have some exciting plans for the day and not attached to the quilting machine.


Catch you tomorrow


Have a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment