Friday, November 30, 2012

And.............................

Are you dieing to know?????   About that big ball of "YARN"??????   Did I finish it off????

First - I got the next quilt loaded and quilted. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!   Right on schedule.


Another customer quilt - DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 That bell is ringing a LOT these days - remember the bell?????
Close up of quilting (in case you were thinking I only did one pattern!!!)


But I can tell exactly how the customer put the borders on. It is hard to see in this picture, but the side edges were TWO inches bigger than the middle of the quilt. This was especially pronounced because of those bias edges. PLEASE PLEASE - make sure you measure your borders!!!!!!!!!!!


Hard to see - but this border was ripply. Now it quilted out, and once it is washed, you won't be able to tell, but the long armers of the world have to cope with that extra and if there is a tuck - hmmmmm - whose fault is that?????


A while back (OK - so it was THREE years ago) I celebrated a special birthday. My friends got together and made me this ORANGE quilt with friendship stars. When I received it (a bit late for the occasion), it required some quilting which I did a LONG time ago. But the binding needed to be hand stitched down. I took this quilt to a trunk show and Pauline asked if she could stitch down the binding.
My special birthday quilt

Normally, I say NO, but because my friends had made this for me, I thought it only fitting that Pauline finish it off. It just needs a label. A number of my finished quilts need labels - I must get on that - well that could be a project for 2013. Nope - I think quilting will be the highlight of 2013, binding for 2014 and labels for 2015!!!!


Just thought you would like to know about that birthday quilt in case you made a block and were wondering whether it got done or not.

Now once I finished that customer quilt, I needed a break and so I read a bit. I am (was) reading a book for the book club - Midnight at the Dragon Cafe. It was very hard to get into, but then yesterday at 2/3s of the way through - I HAD to finish the book. Oh boy - a very strange read - a VERY strange and sad ending. OK - I shed a tear or two. I can't wait to discuss this book.


Speaking of the book club - it is on December 13th. The same night as a guild meeting that got moved because of the holidays and a dinner that some of my gym friends are going to. Why or why does everything have to happen on the same night?????   Well - I want to go to the book club, yet I have stuff to drop off at the guild meeting. So I will go to the guild meeting - drop off my stuff and then off to the book club or vice versa. The dinner - well there is no way that I can fit it in.

This book club is a great thing. I am reading VERY different styles of books. A good stretch for the brain to say the least. And what is with the dreams - must be because of the books. Each of the last two nights, I have had vivid dreams that I remember - cant' tell you about them - the first was absolutely gross and the second was too personal. Where is all that coming from??????


OK - back to quilting stuff - back to the rug. After I had my little break in the afternoon - I hit the ironing board again and for several hours (OK - I took a couple of breaks in there), but I got it all DONE!!!!!!



My BIG BIG BIG ball of fabric yarn!!!!!!!!!    (there are EIGHT meters of fabric in this ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))))

It is even attached to the end of the rug and ready to be crocheted up on Monday. And I don't care how big the rug is - this is as big as it gets. I am adding NO MORE fabric to it. But it is so squishy - I love it. Can't wait to stand on it when I iron the next big project!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course - there were LOTS and LOTS of little triangles from the joins. I haven't made a decision about them yet. I am going to experiment later today to see whether I keep them or not. 



And for the Stonehenge class - here are the diagrams for ROUND TWO. Again - the first letter is for the fabric (as per the cutting guide) and the second letter is for the strip size (as per the cutting guide)

In this round ALL the fabrics are the same.


Block with Fabric F in the first round

|Block with Fabric L in the first round


 Hope that helps everyone.


Let's see - what else did I want to say. Oh yes - new clue from Bonnie Hunter - Easy Street this morning. If memory serves me correctly, there were 238 LINKS to her blog for this mystery. That is INSANE.  And yes one of them was mine. What the hell - if you can't beat em - join em!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway - I printed off the clue this morning and I am going to need a ruler that she uses a lot. I had tried to use a couple of other rulers on another project and they won't work, but I am picking up the ruler tomorrow at the Hobby Horse. Then I will be set to make Step 2. I could use a different method to make the flying geese (that is this weeks assignment), but I will follow her method. Got to always experiment and do something new and different.


On that note - it is time to get back to the quilting machine. Got another big quilt to do today. Wait until you see it - it is pretty neat.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment