Saturday, December 1, 2012

The quilting continues..............


Oh boy - I don't think I have ever quilted this much. OK - so I am lying. I have quilted this much - last December!!!!!!!!!!!    The end of the year looms and I feel compelled to GET everything done before the end of the year. Well - if there are enough years - I might just accomplish that!!!!!

Bottom line - I am getting work done, I am happy it is getting done and I am still relaxed!!!!!!


Here is the quilt I quilted yesterday................


Customer quilt - YES - a T-shirt quilt. 

Thought I might have problem with it since the back was heavily pieced and some of the T-shirts have that rubbery stuff on the front, but it quilted up like a dream


I used a new pattern - with sports stuff all over it. I thought this would slow me down as well with all those motifs, but only parts of it were slow.


Here is a baseball

And a football, there was also a baseball bat, a basketball, a baseball glove - 


And another one is waiting for me this afternoon after I teach my class this morning.


I also got this wonky block done for the Brampton Guild. Hmmm - I started out fairly wonky and then realized that I might not have enough fabric (I am missing one strip) so it didn't end up too wonky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We had our first snow of the season. And while I was downstairs last night knitting, I heard M ask DH for the car and he says no problem. I yell up - did you look outside - it has been snowing for hours at that point. OH BOY - I don't think M was very happy when DH said NO. I admire her confidence, but she has very little experience driving period and on the FIRST day of the snow season when everyone drives like an idiot - NO - she is NOT taking the car. Not until she has driven with us for a bit in the snow. OK - so it wasn't a LOT of snow, but the roads were very slippery - I know because I was going to go shopping in the afternoon (which I did) but not as far away as I thought I was going to go.


The girls enjoying the snow!!!!!

Now Christmas Shopping is always an easy thing in our house. Everyone prepares a Christmas List.
M's Christmas List

Just TWO pages this year and one page has lots of size information!!!!!    Never a doubt what to buy when it comes to her. I notice there were NO pictures this year. There usually are. 

 I had a quick moment to play with some of those left over triangles units from the rug.

YEP - they are big enough to sew together and trim. This HST measures 1 1/4" unfinished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


For those in the Stonehenge class - here are the Block A and Block B -
It is hard to tell in this photo, but the FIRST light (closest to the center) in the block on the left is also LAST light in the block on the right. And the FIRST light in the block on the right is also the LAST light in the block on the left. 



Here are the diagrams with the lettering marked.
Note that the first light is F and the last light is L (make 12 of these)

Note that the first light is L and the last light is F (make 12 of these)


Hope that helps those in the class.


Got to run and get myself ready for the class this morning. Oh I am in a quandary  The class is a wedding ring bed runner from Judy Neimeyer. I always struggle with her patterns - not because they are difficult, but because they WASTE SO MUCH fabric and because I am TIGHT with my fabric (hey - who wants yards and yards of little cut up pieces - perhaps if Hoffman GAVE me the fabric then I wouldn't mind being wasteful as well - but I'm not BITTER - must move on). Anyway - so I try to rewrite the directions so the students can save money and learn some cost saving techniques at the same time.

Well - I couldn't find a suitable background for my project. It's a long story and I won't go into details to protect the innocent, but I managed to snag the shade card directly from the Hoffman sales rep. I chose what I wanted and then through some mix-up - I DID NOT get what I wanted. I think it might be coming in February - well I am a BIT ticked off and it has put me off finishing this bed runner. OK - so I could continue on with the arcs, but stuff like this just bug the heck out of me. I'll be over it in a day or so, but I did buy what we thought was new and it is a tinge too yellow. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!



Oh well - on that note - I am out of here. Got things to get done before my class.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment