Sunday, December 2, 2012

Another AWESOME day!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Wow - I am so pumped. The more I accomplish, the more I want to accomplish. I know - that is so sappy - it even makes me sick!!!!   However I don't care!!!!!!!!!!    And while I haven't started rearranging that 2012 shelf, I wrote down the groups of things that are going on the shelf for 2013. Just the categories - not the actual projects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I am getting excited to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I know - it is so SAD when my excitement comes from organizing!!!!!!!!!!!    I'm such a nerd!!!

I even took the day off yesterday - I did NOT get another quilt quilted. And I don't even feel guilty - well just a tinge, but I am still on track and I feel good not having done a quilt yesterday, but that doesn't mean that I slacked off - oh no!  Have a look...............


Taught Part 2 of the Double Wedding Ring (Judy Neimeyer) bed runner. I have excellent students - see their homework............


Cindy

Pauline

Sue

Ivy



So - I need to get my butt in gear and get my arcs done as well. Now I really really really need to find that background fabric. I shall be asking around to see what people think of what I bought - I would take a picture, but I don't think you will be able to see the difference on the internet - the yellow in the background is subtle, yet it is there and I think it is too yellow. And this is the SECOND background I have purchased. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Let's hope third time is a charm.

Anyone know of some stores locally (I want to buy this in person) that have a LOT of batiks. I need LIGHT batiks - preferably light beige/taupe batiks. Does Country Concessions still have a lot of batiks??????



Then I got home and a customer came to pick up her son's quilt - the T-shirt quilt. Did you love that orange on it?????   And Berke arrived at the same time to unveil all the advent calendars in the house. Oh boy - I shall show you another day. There are a LOT of advent calendars in this house, but I love to do surprises and both M and Berke are getting surprises in the advent calendar this year.

Speaking of surprises, I was working on some stuff yesterday afternoon after things calmed down and I decided that I NEEDED to work on a surprise. It is not a new project. Matter of fact, it has been hanging around for several years (so much for spur of the moment surprises!!!). I got a good part of it completed yesterday. I am SO HAPPY. Of course because it is a surprise, I can't share it with you yet, nor will I tell you who the surprise is for, nor when it will be given, but it is cute. I think I will be making one for myself as well.

Let's see - what else did I get done.....................


Another BBB project DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!    This went into the URGENT TO BE QUILTED pile (my personal pile). Just need to serge those sides on that plush backing - but I need the "sides" for another project before this one gets quilted. 
Remade this block from the Stonehenge class. I had cut the on point square too small and it bothered me, plus it made the block wonky so I ripped it out and re-cut those squares and sewed it back up. 
But not before I had to rip a SECOND time. I had forgotten when I initially ripped it out that I cut one of the pieces with the ripper. So two seams to rip out and then cut a new piece and the block is together and it is the right size and not wonky. I am at peace!!!!!!!!
A senior lap quilt done for Community Projects at one of the local guilds. No batting in it, but it has to be tacked at the intersections which is a pain because the scissors on my machine are broken. So much easier with the scissors. Got to get that fixed!!!!!!!!
And with all the sewing - I managed to get some enders/leaders done. Actually these are from Clue 1 of Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street mystery. This is about 1/3 of the four patches. I would sew 10 (OK - so they are in bundles of 10 so I can evenly distribute the greys with each other - I'm anal - what can I say!) Anyway - I would sew 10, then press those 10 (all with rotated seams on the back). Making EXCELLENT progress even though we have moved onto Clue 2
Speaking of Clue 2 for Easy Street, I needed this ruler - the Companion Ruler by EZ Quilting. Actually  I needed it for last year's mystery which remains unfinished. BUT now that I have the ruler - I can work on both!!!!!!!!   And wait until you see the colours I have chosen - well I have only chose for this next clue. Guess what colour??????

At the class yesterday, Sue brought in her quilt made with the MINI TWISTER ruler. I  posted a picture back in the summer - let me find it again for you. Anyway - the binding was put on by machine - no hand stitching. Hmmmmm - I would have to experiment with it. I do like this better than the straight stitching version. 

Sue's QUEEN sized quilt (108 by 108) made with the MINI TWISTER ruler

Anyway - seeing this quilt up close and personal - well it is just a spectacular quilt. It would blow your mind away to see it. Sue was offered a LOT of money to sell it, but she said NO. Good for her.


Close up of INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!


On my way to work yesterday, I saw these telephone line covered with birds. I STOPPED to take a picture. 


 Yesterday we woke up to snow on the ground - this morning - it was raining. Go figure. Anyway - I took the girls out even though they are not keen on the rain. But look at little Sammy - she is so cute when she is wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Fluffy Sammy!!!!!!!!!!


Oh yes - and M having her license - this is a GOOD THING. She had an overnight shift last night (I know - there is my ambitious kid - still in high school - working not one, but TWO jobs - both of her own doing). OK - so work with both is sporadic - yes even McDonald's seems to be having a hard time getting people to spend money so the hours for each worker are down!!!! Anyway - she had an overnight shift - 11 PM - 7 AM and I didn't have to go get her. Although she killed the battery in the car. Apparently she was in the car on her break, listening to the radio and the battery died. Her managed was able to boost her - thank goodness.


I even got some knitting done, completed another chapter in the iPad for Seniors for Dummies book (OH BOY - I learned a LOT in that chapter) and listened to my audio book. This one is a sleeper. I really really really need to take it back to the library. I do NOT like the style of writing, but I will persevere - why I have no idea. Just because I guess. It is a novel about a knitting club - now am I bored with the author, her style or the knitting club concept??????    Actually I HATE HATE HATE the narrator's voice. OK - I know - you are saying - TAKE IT BACK, but now that I am 1/3 (or almost) through the book, I HAVE something to prove. And maybe it gets better???????


Got another class to teach today at my house and I HAVE to get another quilt done today. So off to load that one - it is smaller than some that I have been working on and I might be able to get it done before the students come.


Have a great (and productive) day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elaine, I nominated you for a Liebster Award: http://buttonsquilts.blogspot.ca/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete