Thursday, December 6, 2012

Progress happens on Easy Street...........



As I prepare to write this post - I quickly checked Bonnie's blog and there are 231 blogs linked for this mystery. Can you believe that??????  

Well progress is being made on Easy Street mystery. I received an e-mail from a friend last night who said that she decided to do Easy Street as well and is almost up to date. Oh boy since I am a bit behind, that is the motivation I need to get caught up!   Darn that Linda!!!!!!!   And Jeanette - where are you????   Bring you stuff on Saturday.

Here goes.......................


Clue Two is completely cut.  All of my backgrounds are the same, but I did vary the oranges. 

I have TWO of the 128 flying geese complete!  



Still have a few four patches from Clue One to complete

But I do have about 1/3 of the four patches complete!

  I learned something while cutting the flying geese. First - while I had the Easy Angle ruler, I did NOT have the Easy Companion ruler. That is part of the reason, I did not complete last year's mystery from Bonnie.

But since getting the ruler, I thought I could do some cutting for Orca Bay (last year's mystery).

Lesson learned - DO NOT cut TWO different projects at the same time, especially if you are cutting the SAME unit.


The one on the left is the right size, but I started to cut the size on the right


And why did I do that????   Because the size required in Orca Bay is SMALLER than EASY STREET!!!!!!


See - here is the LIGHT needed for Orca Bay - thank goodness, I had only cut about 5 of the triangles in the wrong size

Here is the unit I was supposed to be making in Orca Bay. 



I can go back to cutting Orca Bay, now that Easy Street cutting (at least for this week) is done.


I am not sure what colours I will choose to replace the blues and greens. I will make that decision when the clues come out. I have some ideas, but it will be a surprise even to me!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


10 comments:

  1. Your fabrics for Easy Street are very nice. I can`t wait to watch your next step.
    Liebe Grüße Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the chicken wire. That's going to really be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I can't imagine trying to work on two similar projects at the same time--good luck. I love all of your colors and you are two geese closer to being done with clue 2:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chicken wire too, are you using it throughout the quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am going to use the chicken wire fabric throughout the quilt. Should be fun

      Delete
  5. I love your chicken wire also! Wonderful! Can't wait to see your other colors, and ditto on trying to work on TWO similar mysteries at once. I would be totally messed up!

    Bari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colors, can't wait to see your next part..tomorrow pt. 3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit behind, too. I have about half of my geese done and less than half of the four patches. But I'm still excited to see what step three is! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lookin good! It sounds like the chicken wire it's a winner. I sure like it. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete