Sunday, December 9, 2012

Useful and Useless


This is the time of year for craft sales!!!!!!!   At some point, I should get myself organized and have a sale - goodness knows there is enough stuff around here to sell. BUT - there isn't that much finished!!!!   I will have to get myself organized and maybe look at doing something next year since I am going to have SO MUCH time to finish things!!!!!  (not working on exchanges or block of the month)

Anyway a couple of weeks ago, I was sewing at Julia's house.

Julia's sewing table


She has an amazing sewing room. Upstairs in her house that over looks their big backyard and green space behind. So much nicer than sewing in the basement!!!   But one must take what one has and make the best of it which I have done. Still there are MANY days when I would love to be able to sew and look out the window!!!   Some day when I "retire" and move to the country!!!!   Like that would happen in this household!!!!

Anyway - while I was working on some quilt, Julia was getting busy for a craft sale. I thought I would share what she was working on - they are neat.

First she makes these cool travel pillows...............


These are the Pack-a-Pillow!!!!   The filling is made with goose down which means they will squish down FLAT, yet fluff back up for a nice comfy pillow.  These are WAY better for travelling on the plane than those ridiculous things they give you.    SUPER GIFT ITEM!!!!!

LOTS and LOTS of colours of pillow cases to choose from


She also makes aprons.................


Apron

Has a pocket (so well matched - I bet you didn't see it!!!)

Adjustable neck strap

And her little signature ribbon!!!


Again she has loads of colours to choose from with these.


She is going to be at a craft sale on Thursday, December 13 at the atrium in the CBC Building on Front Street. Check out the link for more details........................


Christmas Craft Sale at CBC Building



If you are in the area you should check it out. This craft sale has been going on for years and supports UNICEF. If you can't make it and are interested in the pillows or aprons, let me know and I'll get you in touch with Julia. I have to say that EVERYTHING she makes is impeccably made.


The items mentioned above are very USEFUL and I am sure you would have NO problem finding a home for them in your house. Therefore they will likely NOT become clutter.

Then I was visiting Marian one day and she showed me an interesting item that her husband brought home from work. Now he did NOT buy this, nor did he seek it out - it was given out to people as they exited their work place one day. Have a look................


Any idea what this is?????







It came in a little bag like this. Still don't know?????







Well - it also came with this note................





Not sure if you can read that, but basically, they (whoever THEY are) were handing out pieces of the OLD MARBLE exterior of First Canadian Place - 45,000 pieces of beautiful luxurious marble. Smashed into MANY MORE THAN 45,000 pieces and handed out in little bags to people who worked in the building. OK - now that is USEFUL. What the heck does one do with this stuff?????   This is why our houses are CLUTTERED. Yes - it is a cute piece of history, but what does one do with all those little odds and sods?????   I guess we all need an odds and sods box.


I got all my errands done yesterday - well those that were planned for yesterday. I have some pictures to post, but no time. I am off to a date with my quilting machine. And then maybe to get caught up with EAsy Street.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment