Thursday, December 20, 2012

Deadlines and surprises!



Do you ever get tired of deadlines????   Oh yes - I am tired of deadlines, but actually coping VERY WELL.

I finally got this custom quilt off the machine yesterday. I am very happy with the results. I started this a while ago and had to take the quilt off the machine and it took a while to get it back on!!!!

Customer quilt

Lots of tools needed to get some of the quilting done

Not bad for feathers considering they are done completely free hand

More detail

Fatter feathers - had to fill that space and customer wanted feathers



I am such a dolt - I was stitching in the ditch around all the pieces in the snail's trail part. It took me 1/2 hour to do one row. I counted ten blocks across, so there must be 12 rows. AHHHHHHHHHHHH - that is a LOT of stitch in the ditch. Then I had a pleasant surprise, because there were in fact only EIGHT rows. For some reason, I kept thinking that I had the short side of the quilt loaded, not the long side. Oh well - I didn't care - that just eliminated a LOT of stitch in the ditch!!!!!


Then it was on to the next deadline - to complete a block for the exchange that was due last Saturday. I KNEW - I just knew that this person was going to work on their blocks right away and they were disappointed that I wasn't done their block. HEY - so was I!!!!!!!!!!!   The biggest issue was what to do???? So I am done - but I will show you tomorrow when I can do the entire reveal for the exchange. Some cool stuff!!!!

And at last everything in the studio is OFF the floor. OK - so it is all still on a table, but the floor is clear.

ACK - where am I going to put this stuff?????   I guess I have no choice, but to work like crazy for the next two weeks and actually sew up all this stuff!!!! OR - I could get those three boxes and put some of this in those boxes. 


The discouraging thing about this is that I thought I was actually getting stuff done and didn't really start anything new so why isn't there less stuff???????  As I said before - it didn't all fit before, so I can't expect it to fit now!!!!
Even the cutting table has been commandeered into holding stuff for the moment, but still have half of the table clear. I had to trim a quilt and cut stuff for the exchange block. 


And the pile of quilts to be quilted - although it still looks like there is a lot (which there is), it has been greatly reduced!!!!


Thanks to those of you who alerted me to the problem with reading the blog that started this week. It appears that there is a new option in the setting for mobile devices. My blog template didn't look good in it and was unreadable. So I changed it to the old format (hey that only took me a couple of days to get around to fixing!!!),, but the blog is important, so that needed to be done ASAP.

M, Berke and I had a grand time talking about Lego, technology and TV last night. I have to show you what I did for them for advent calendars. It is pretty funny. OK - lots of pictures to take today so I can blog about that before Christmas.

And it makes me laugh when people start looking to see if they have a tag (label) on the blog and then comparing how many hits they have compared to the others. So far - I think Kaylee wins!!!!   BUT hey - something new - apparently, I can now link through GOOGLE, people and web sites to my blog. Oh dear - more stuff to learn. Will it ever end??????

The LAST customer quilt before Christmas is on the frame. I got about 1/3 of it done last night and if I am lucky, I will get it off later tonight, but I have some plans for today and while they are quilt related, it doesn't involve me quilting!!!!   And this quilt has to be done by 12:30 tomorrow and you will see why.


On that note - I am out of here. Got to link my Easy Street blog to Bonnie's.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment