Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Stonehenge - Block 1, 2 and 3

OK - so I am BEHIND in the show n tell from classes. I didn't realize how far behind I was until I started searching through pictures this AM.

I haven't shown ANY of the Stonehenge blocks so here goes...............

Here is the project that we are working on - it is a Block of the Month at Ruti's Needlebed..............

Stonehenge meets Jamestown (using Northcott Stonehenge fabric)


And here is block one..............   (which we revealed in October)


The first class

The second class


I believe there are TWENTY students in total and a couple of people are making TWO quilts. So a few blocks are missing here.



There were two colour ways to choose from - the earth tones or the jewel tones. And there are THREE people doing their own colour scheme.


Here is block two......................   (revealed in November)














There are twenty blocks here but still think that two are missing. The class was also assigned to start working on their log cabin blocks which I do NOT think I took pictures of.



And block three..................   (revealed in December)













While the blocks are fairly simple and because they go together in components - you can see before you sew if you are having trouble with seam allowances. And I told the class - if you are NOT sure about the size, bring it in BEFORE you sew the block together so we can evaluate the situation. Hence you see a partially completed block above.


Here is the homework for next month..............  (yes even over the holidays I assign homework!!!)


Block 4 (this is mine)


And...............


If the log cabin blocks are done (MINE ARE!!!), then they can start sewing the top together row by row as we complete the other blocks


Starting in January, we are sewing TWO blocks a month. These are twelve inch blocks are a snap to sew after some of the small blocks in Elm Creek. Even I can keep up!!!!!   Tops are scheduled to be DONE in June.


On that note - I am way behind this morning.  Well only one hour, but still.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No comments:

Post a Comment