Friday, December 7, 2012

The pain, the people, the presents and the puppies!!!!!


Yes - yesterday was a WHIRLWIND day. Sometimes I wonder how that happens, but it does and I survived!!!  I did NOT get any quilting done, but I did get a quilt trimmed and the binding on.


Binding on the quilt for Mississauga Quilt Guild community projects
And with the delivery of that quilt - (we had a guild meeting in the evening), I have NOTHING to do for them over the holidays!!!!!   I have several things I want to do next year, but there is NOTHING at my house waiting to be done!!!!!

Before the crazy day started, I had to pay a visit to the dentist. I have a couple of implants and for the last couple of days, I knew the gums around them were inflamed. And I was in a lot of discomfort - OK - it hurt like crazy. I had tried flossing, using my dental picks, rinsing with water, but something was stuck and I just couldn't get it out. It's a long story - but they are BIG gaps around the implants. And according to the dentist these gaps are getting bigger. However when I saw the X-ray, I don't believe it. Anyway - he took an X-ray, did an exam and then said he would clean under the gums but it was going to HURT. Did I want freezing????  Normally I am a wimp at the dentist, but I was already in pain and I certainly did NOT want freezing, nor did I have the time. I said - JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!   Yes - there were a "few twinges", but it was over in a few minutes. I have to say that whatever was there, he fished it out, but now I MUST MUST MUST be fastidious with my dental hygiene. Even having a sesame bagel this morning, I can feel the stupid seeds getting stuck. And it is ONLY going to get worse!!!!!!!   Yeah -  life of stupid stupid teeth problems!!!!!!  Yes - I know - I could have MUCH worse, so I'll just suck it up and brush and floss and pick and brush and floss and pick OFTEN.

And this may be a way to lose weight. Do YOU want to eat after you have brushed your teeth????   Me neither!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   (and without going into details, I don't have dental insurance at the moment and the dentist must have taken pity on me because he charged me VERY little for the exam, the X-ray and the scraping. I am sure if it would have gone through insurance, it would have been four or five times the price. Doesn't that tell you something about insurance??????)


I rushed home, changed and off to lunch with the Monday Motivator ladies. Once a year, we dress up and go out to lunch. There is a nice Christmas lunch buffet at a local community center. This is our third year and we have such a great time.

We all wore our fascinators and some of the girls got a bit creative!!!!!!!!!!!


Marian, Flo, Claudette

Joyce and Eleanora

Karen and Judy

Elaine and Jackie

Daphne and Margo

Judith and Barb

ME and Joyce (yes - I have my eyes closed! DUH!!!!


Then after lunch we had our present exchange. I love presents!!!!!  


Everyone eagerly awaiting their name to be called to collect their present


This is what I got - flower head pins (you can NEVER have enough pins, especially these kind, two great FQ from the Stonehenge line - I think I have a perfect place where I will use these and a spool of thread. Thanks to whoever gave me this present!!!  I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Then the girls surprised ME with a present that they had collectively put together........................



There were LOTS of goodies in the basket (a sleigh basket which I have the perfect  THING to do with that!!!) 
Don't have time to go into all the goodies this morning, but there was so much and GREAT STUFF!!!!!!  Including this little card holder which was SEWN shut, but did come with a seam ripper so I could get inside!!!!   Aw - some of those girls - they are FUNNY!!!!!


Then after lunch, I threw my jeans back on and Marian, Flo and I headed out to the kennel to see Margie (Flo's dog) and her puppies.

OK - these puppies are just TOO CUTE. I did go and see them when they were a week old, but never got around to posting those pictures. Now they are FOUR weeks and SO CUTE. There are ten in the litter and I think all of - well nine of them are available for sale if anyone is looking for a CUTE CUTE CUTE puppy.



The perfect pose!!!!!!   (this must have been a female!!!)

So tired - I can barely keep my eyes open

I am EXHAUSTED. 

Can you get me out of here - this place is crowded and boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can hear what you are saying about me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw - finally some place to stretch out

All squished up in dreamland
Let's get a LITTLE closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FEEDING time!!!!!



I mean those puppies are CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Let's just say that Sparky and Sammy were NOT happy when I got home. Sparky wanted to know where I had been!!!!


Then on the way home, I stopped by a woman's house to see a quilt banner that she had made and I had given her and her group some guidance on. The banner turned out AMAZING!!!!!!!


Banner!!!!
 HEY - this is a picture of the ESCARPMENT which is where this group is located. I always say that a good quilt/project is one that keeps you looking and this one is no exception. In the rock face is embroidered  the philosophy (not sure if that is the right word) of the group. It is subtle, but it is there.


Detail of the embroidery - you have to see it in person in order to see it. 

All in all - the banner is EXCELLENT. The group did an awesome job and NONE of them are quilters!!!!!

And in talking to Barb, she revealed that she is a grad of Ryerson University Fashion program. And they get a RING just like the engineers so I got a picture of it...............


Alumni ring from Ryerson University Fashion program. It is hard to tell in the picture, but there are CLOTHES HANGERS on it. How cool of a design is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And last night at the guild during show n tell, we saw several things that had been inspired from Jeanne and Shelley's visit (The Quilt Patch in Moose Jaw). I didn't get a picture of the cushions, but I did get this - one more HIGH STRUNG - DONE!!!!!!!!!!!


Way to go Tish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And on that note - I have a couple of things that I MUST get done this morning and then I am off for a play date. But not until I BRUSH and FLOSS and PICK my teeth.  Not a quilt play date either!!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment