Thursday, December 6, 2012

And the quilting goes on..............





I was NOT tempted by the weather yesterday to venture out (well for a hike that is!!!)

But I got work done in the house - well in the studio. Who does house work?????  


Make sure you check out the other posts - there have been a couple since yesterday morning. I know - some days there is nothing - other days - more than one!!!!!!


Well I hit the quilting machine and got not ONE, but TWO quilts done. OK - one was a small one, but still.


Community project quilt for a local guild

Community project quilt for a different local guild

The quilt pattern I used on both


And now the number goes to 26. Yes - there are still 26 quilts to be done - 26 that do not belong to me. Oh well - progress is being made and that is all that counts. The big question will be - how many will there be at the end of this month????    I do have a number now that have to be done by Christmas so those are next on the schedule. I am trying to be efficient with my time and getting things done so they can be delivered when I am going to a guild meeting or seeing someone or whatever. That takes a LOT of planning, but as I am quilting, I have lots of time to think about how to fit the projects in so they can be delivered and not hanging around my house.

I also had a bit of time to work on some LITTLE projects.......................


These are the triangles left over from the crocheted rug. I am not sure if this is the best way to use these - some times, the black from both fabrics bleeds into each other. Hmmm - do I keep going or add solid white to the red triangles and solid red to the black/white triangles?????   I will get much better definition if I do. I will pin it to the design wall and think about it for a while. 

Got ONE more block done for the mini quilt - THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!!!!   and really not hard to do at all. | I love them!!!!!

Also got a corner block done for the mini quilt

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    - For Carol C.





Yes - I finished Carol's big block from the exchange we did with the retreat group. It is DONE DONE DONE. Her theme was northern living.








Carol's BIG block for Northern Living themed exchange. Don't worry -I haven't trimmed the block which is why the hill  on the left drops into nothing!!!!

Now to get this and the trillium blocks packaged up and off to the post office today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



People know that I like to read a LOT and often I get recommendations for books. Someone (I think it was Mary) recommended a book for me to read. It is called A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron.




I was RELUCTANT to read this book. Although I love dogs, I haven't seen a book about dogs that isn't SAD at some point. But I gave in and got the book from the library. Oh boy - I was RIGHT. The book was SAD, the book was FUNNY, the book was an EYE-OPENER and if you own a dog, you MUST MUST MUST read this book. I know that since I started reading the book, I look at my dogs in an entirely different way. This book will make you think, it will make you appreciate your dog and it will make you wonder - what is "A Dog's Purpose"?????      (It is fiction)

The sad moments in the book are WELL WORTH going through - just like people who say  - oh I could never have a dog as it is too sad when they die. Well think of all the good times - that should and in this case DOES outweigh the sad.

If you are a dog lover - READ THIS BOOK.


I still have a HUGE stack of books from the library. We are allowed a maximum of 50 books at any given time. Well it seems that DH (who has taken up reading with a vengeance) and M (who is too lazy to use her own card since Mom will manage her books for her) and myself  (who MUST have certain books even if I don't have time to read them at this moment) - anyway - we are at our limit. I have had to take in books and have them released so I could take out the new ones that are on hold. That is PRETTY SAD. But I think we are now below the maximum limit, but not by much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Already got the next book to read picked out, got the next quilt laying on the quilt machine to be loaded later today and the next sewing laid out by the machine.

Got one more blog to do this morning from my class last night.

I am so excited to see stuff getting completed and out the door. Oh boy - I am on fire!!!   Look out!!!!!



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment