Thursday, October 3, 2013

Learning is so MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!


I bet you have been in this same boat!   You know EXACTLY how you are going to make something - in your head, it is PERFECT, BRILLIANT and so CREATIVE - well it is going to be spectacular.

BUT when you start working on it - well the idea doesn't translate quite so nicely!!!!   Come on - you have been there. And to make it even more fun - if you have left it until the LAST possible moment, you have to get REALLY creative in order to finish!!!!  


Have a look at this web site - make sure you READ the stories - you just can't look at the first picture!!!!

When good things go BAD

YEP - that is what happened to me yesterday. Trying to get something done for the Halton Hills Quilt show which starts TOMORROW - Friday, October 4!!!!!!!!!!!   Let's just say that at one point, I had the hot glue gun out as well as liquid glue. While I could have used the sewing machine and may even have been faster - the look wasn't the same. Why oh why do I leave these things until the last minute????????????   You'll get to see the picture in a day or so.

Halton Hills Quilt Show - Friday, October 4 to Saturday, October 5
But I had to laugh because M was working on a major marketing project. A GROUP project no less. They were supposed to be five in the group, but before they even started, TWO people had already left the program. And the instructor DID NOT know this before she broke the class into groups?????  And it was too late to change the groups. Oh well - probably better with less than more!   But the project was due this morning at 8:05!!!!    And you can't really cheat on those times any more with computers!!!!   Anyway - last night, (she volunteered to put the parts together - OH - she is so like me!!!!!!)  one of the parts was missing and when it came in - it wasn't well done!!!!!    So she was scrambling a bit last night.


So the lesson for BOTH OF US - set a FALSE DEADLINE - ONE DAY BEFORE the project is due. I so need to get into that habit!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Needless to say, the studio looks like a tornado ripped through it.  And we are setting up the quilt show today and then two days of show, quilting a quilt, a guild meeting and a machine quilting class. Oh yes - it is going to be a crazy weekend.
However I did manage to get that center seam done on this tumbling blocks quilt!!!!!   (Like that was a priority!!!!)  Hopefully I can eek some a few minutes (OK a couple of hours) to put the borders on and get the backing and binding ready. 


Last night on my way home from class, I noticed that my gas gauge was SCREAMING at me - EMPTY!!!!   Hmmm - I hope I make it to the gas station!!!!   I pulled into the Shell station that was close to home. And look what I found on the pump!!!!!!

Use your Air Miles Card and save THREE CENTS a litre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me???? I whipped out my Air Miles card (which I had used earlier at Michael's) and paid $1.20 per litre of gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I still think that $1.20 is a horrible price, but I'll take it compared to some of the crazy prices we have seen lately. That means I filled my EMPTY car for UNDER FIFTY DOLLARS. Haven't done that in a while, although I do hover anywhere from $50 - $55 to fill it up!!!!   How people can drive those gas guzzling cars is beyond me. I cringe at the mileage that my car gets. Compared to my little Echo - this car (Matrix) is not that efficient.



I felt like a kid yesterday!!!   Had to pick up something at Mary's house. I am really trying to use my townie bike for errands close to home (get some exercise and save gas). And I LOVE IT!!!!!!   People stare, but I know they are JEALOUS!!!!!  (not thinking "what a crazy woman!")    So I hopped on my bike, took the shortcut through the forest and in about 4 minutes, I was at Mary's house. I doubt I could have made it faster by car!!!!!    Just like the old days when we rode to our friend's house on our bikes!!!!  


Well I had better get myself organized - I have to load some stuff in the car to take to the show. I am happy to report that ALL bindings on my show quilts are DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Sleeves are pinned on and one label needs to be pinned on - OH - I'll do that BEFORE I leave so they will all be done!!!!


OH YES - M is going to volunteer at Fashion Week which is happening next week. Apparently they interview the volunteers?????   Or perhaps they wanted to chat with her. Anyway - because she has a lot of experience (well more than the average person) in that world, they are going to make her a lead volunteer or the assistant to a lead volunteer!!!!!   How exciting is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      (OH yes - this kid just doesn't realize how like me she is!!!)  


On that note - I am out of here!!!!!



Have a great day!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment