Monday, October 14, 2013

FOCUS!!


I will NEVER be able to focus on sewing one project at a time. I just cannot!!!   And I am OK with that, but I have to admit that I am getting tired of those spring samplers and I need to just sew on those to get them done. However - other things keep getting in the way.

With things to do, but nothing urgent, I had a look around the room and settled on this project. And YES - it was on the 2013 shelf!!!!


Opened the box and here is a LOT of fabric that can be put back on the shelves.


Search the shelves for a decent backing. I pulled out something, but once I saw this, I knew it was a better choice. It is hearts!!!!    But not enough for the entire backing. But it was quite wide. So (and I hate doing this), but I cut a big square (the quilt is square) and put a border around the heart fabric. The black was in the project box!

Made the binding!!!!!


Now what quilt am I talking about?????


A GROUP project. A round robin that we did several years ago. There was a bit of applique to finish on the sun so I tidied that up (and changed the way the sun was applied. It was appliqued to that pink border - I ripped that part out and pieced the edge of the sun UNDER the pink border - thank goodness the person left loads of fabric so I could do that no problem). I like it better that way!!!!!

Hey - I guess the above is a COMPLETED UFO. Well not quilted, but I never count that part!!!!

And then it went into the CURRENT stack of quilts to be quilted. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!!!



Made the binding and put it on this quilt. Some one at Monday Motivators can hand stitch it down. 

Trimmed the purple quilt and made the binding. No chance to get it sewn on yet. 

Yes - making good progress on the embroidery. However I notice that I am going to run out of floss. And I was at Micheal's yesterday - DUH - why didn't I think to get some??????    

I did manage to get the six inch block for the gingerbread quilt DONE. Only three twelve inch blocks and three six inch blocks left!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And YES - I did work on the spring sampler quilts. Here are the flying geese units. They make good enders and leaders. 


In preparation for the tutorial on the Block of the Month quilt - I had to get the homework done. So I worked on that as well........................

Block of the month quilt - There are THREE seams left to sew and then it will be done. Well parts One and Two. 
The tutorial is UP - just check on the BLOG header - 2013/2014 Block of the Month - Part Two.

The other day, I noticed that Elaine S had socks - OK - she had Hudson's Bay socks. You know - those bright colours. I WANT a pair even though I ONLY wear white socks - when I wear socks!!!!!!!  When M and I were at the mall - we bought her new shoes at Hudson's Bay - which I think is hysterical!!!!   (Well in my mind, Hudson's Bay is for the middle age people which is probably totally wrong!!)

Anyway - we did NOT find socks - lots of stuff for dogs, but no socks. We did find mittens. Now we could have purchased the red Olympic mittens, but when I saw these - I wanted these!!!!
Hudson's Bay mittens

In the past, I have bought numerous pairs of those red Olympic mittens and do I have a pair now????   Nope - M lost my mittens. Oh excuse - SOMEONE lost the mittens. Of course - M would never lose mittens.

I hope to have solved the problem this year - I bought the mittens with the blue band and I bought a pair for M that have white bands between the colours!!!!.




I have had to go so far as to put a big sign in my mitten (outdoor gear box) to KEEP OUT!!!!   Let's see if this new plan works!!!!!!!!!!!!


Even though - I seem to be all over the place with my projects - I LOVE it that way. It is as if I play mental games with myself when I am working. I LOVE my visual TO DO list and because I don't have to put things away, it is easy to work like this. But I think the time has come to FOCUS on that spring sampler and get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I so want to move onto the next one - the winter sampler!!!!   I can hear it calling me. The old me would have whipped that spring one back in the box and pulled out the winter one, but I am NOT ALLOWED to do that.

On that note - I have to get those last few seams in the Block of the Month and get that tutorial up.

Had pumpkin pie and whipped cream last night for dessert (on the night of our weekly vegetarian meal), but we are celebrating Thanksgiving today. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I'm going to spin class this morning so I won't feel guilty!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment