Saturday, October 26, 2013

Show Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Left early yesterday AM so I could get to the show a bit early to peek around. How people drive every day downtown is beyond me. I would DIE if I spent that much time in the car. I'd be on the train for sure. Anyway - there is so much to look at - it is very hard to take it all in. My brain is running a thousand miles a minute and hard to focus - HA - what else is new!!!!

Saw a few more interesting things and chatted to more people. I just love visiting with the other vendors and wish I had more time, but one must get back to ones' booth.
Here we are - all ready for the masses to descent!
The other end of the booth
When I arrived BEFORE nine AM - there was already a line up forming in the hall. Yikes!!!!!!!!   The show doesn't open until 10 AM. I guess these are the ones that WANT to get that gift bag or whatever they are handing out to the first 500 or whatever. I don't know the details!!!!!!!    But the line was long when the show finally opened at 10. Despite that - it took longer than usual for them to filter to the booths. Those early birds must have had specific shops in mind and went there first!!!!

BUT then we were swamped. I mean - it was crazy. I couldn't get in the booth to answer questions, couldn't get under the tables to restock the shelves. It was insane!!!!!!!!!!!!   And there were only three of us in the booth - George at the cash, Alma and myself. And Alma and I both had 1 1/2 hour classes at two different times - thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I managed to finish my sandwich (my LUNCH) around 5 PM - dinner????   what is that?? And it finally petered out around 7 PM (the show closed at 8 PM). Wow - my feet were very TIRED!!!!!

On my way out - I snapped these pictures which I thought I would share with you.  (with permission from The Crochet Crowd)


This is the CrochetAquarium assembled by The Crochet Crowd

If you don't know Mikey and Diva Dan from The Crochet Crowd - then you need to check out their web site, watch their videos on YouTube, follow them on Facebook. They are funny, they are amazing and they can crochet circles around most of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some close ups of the CrochetAquarium.









If you want to be involved in making items for the SPRING display - stay tuned to their web site. They will be making an announcement (I know the theme!!!!!!   but I'm not telling) and getting people to make the creatures required. I so want to participate next time. I know - when??????   Well how hard could it be to crochet something??????   I do know how to crochet - thanks Mom for teaching me all those years ago!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the booth restocked after the show closed since I won't be there today and there are new girls in to help Alma. Then home to get all the prep done for the classes today. Not much to do, but still have to assemble the bits and pieces that I need.

I am still fighting that throat issue - I mostly know it is there in the morning and forget about it during the day. No cough!!!!!   Well - when I am feeling crappy, I just flake out on the couch which I did last night. I finally turn the light out and WAIT A MINUTE - What is happening????????   OH - that would be the GLOW IN THE DARK fabric on my Halloween quilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I got a good chuckle out of that before I drifted off!!!!!!!!!!!!


Up early and back at getting myself caught up. I do have a few things to do this morning before I head off to class so I better get going.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment