Sunday, October 20, 2013

Where are my CRAYONS??????????????


We had Christmas Club in the morning and I as I was driving to Linda's, I was going down the Don Valley Parkway. The trees were GORGEOUS.  I would have loved to stop and taken a couple of  pictures, BUT I didn't think that was such a good idea on the highway. So I will just have to lock that memory in the brain. The colours were just brilliant even though it was raining out.


A small show n tell, but that is because the rest of them are busy working on it at home??????

Have a  look - the projects are  looking awesome.

Marlene - it looks fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!   And remember Marlene - JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Beth - there is a good reason this is all she got done. I won't go into details, but let's think young school aged children and even smaller creepy crawlers.   Good luck Beth - I hope they are gone for good. 

Helen Anne


A couple more are in the works - at home pinned on the wall or still in the individual pieces - not fused to the background.


And then EVERYONE was anxiously wanting to get the update on the 1740 Love Entwined quilt that Helen Anne and Marlene are working on. Only Helen Anne has made progress since last month - it is a beauty!!!!


Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!


After doing a couple of errands (and yes Helen Anne - I found the watercolour crayons at Currys), I was home and time to get some work done.


Another quilt - DONE!!!

Detail of quilting


Then I decided that I would work on the winter samplers. Why not - they are next in line.


Went to press that seam on the right and ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????   Oh yeah - deja vu!!!!!!    You see the little red point on the far right of the right snowman????   Yes - I sewed one of the pieces UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!!   BUT not on the outside most piece - OH NO - the mistake was on the next piece inside!!!!!!!!

YEP - I ripped it out and put it back together again. 

The good news is that the snowman is a fairly big block!!!!!

The bad news is that I did NOT get any stitching done yesterday. DH wanted to watch a movie and I thought the least I could do was sit with him. I hate movies!!!!!!!!!!! I needed something to do - so I prepared the stitching, but I do find it very hard to focus on stitching when I get all comfy on the couch.


In the meantime, I was searching for a box of crayons. For two reasons - I have to get something coloured for the Creative Festive which opens to the public on FRIDAY. AND I am working on my next adventure in the art quilt assignment. Do you think I can find the stupid crayons?????   I must have TWO boxes of 96 and another box of 64 of the Prang crayons and they are just gone - poof!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Now don't get me wrong - I found the box marked CRAYONING and there is a LOT of sets of crayons in it for experimenting, but for this project for CreativFestival - I need a big box of crayons. I may just end up buying a new box - hmmmm - what time does Wal-Mart open on a weekend - or Loblaw's may have the crayons. I have to go there to get lunch for the Sit n Sew girls today.




But a bad thing happened while I was searching - I came across so many UFOs and things that I want to finish. Just need to find the time to do them!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I did dig out a couple and put them in the room so they are more visible. I'm going to have to move to the country - take my sewing machine and hibernate for the winter. I could get a lot done if I didn't have other stuff to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I ended up doing NO stitching while I watched the movie, but I did find a box of paper that I went through while the movie was on (OK - so I didn't really watch it!!!)  Sorted out some paper and now a lot of it (that is left) needs to be filed in the right spot. I MUST do that, but not this week.

On that note - I have a crazy day and an even crazier week. Best get started. Crazy BUT FUN!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment: