Friday, October 11, 2013

Snow Days September reveal



OH MY GOD - I am off to a late start today.

Had a great spin class and all the while envisioning what I would do if I won the $30 Million in the current lottery. (Don't worry - you all would have benefited!!) Then I got back to reality and tried to envision what I would do today. Hmmm - go for a hike, quilt another quilt or get some sewing done?

After having breakfast with my gym friends - I arrive home and just about to sit down when I get a call. A friend is in town and now we are going on a road trip this afternoon!!!!!   Oh well - she is a quilter/sewist so it will be great. Going to a couple of places I haven't been in a while. Good thing I am flexible!!!!


Anyway  have a look at the show n tell from the September meeting of Snow Days.  Yes I know it is hard to see the embroidery. Well you will just have to come to the BIG reveal in November to see these up close.
Jo

Kathy


Kay

Mary


Linda (who is doing a different pattern)

Kathy M (my second Kathy M)


Maureen

Roslyn


or was this one Roslyn's???   I am not sure whose this is

Lorraine


Cathy

Jane


Jennifer


And there you have it. The quilts are looking gorgeous and this is such an amazing exercise to see the SAME quilt is so many different colours.


Great job everyone!!!!!!!!!!!


I am so HYPED up about embroidery!!!   I could embroider all day!!!!!!!!!!!   And that is exactly what I did for part of yesterday. Got together with Sharon, Elaine S, Elaine K and me - Elaine T. Pretty hard to forget people's names!!!!!   And look what I got done....................


I got the LONGEST saying done. Working on the next longest and I still have TWELVE more CDs to listen to while I work at night. I hope to get a lot more done. Heck - I hope to get it finished by the end of the weekend?????   Watch out Lynn !!!!! 
Managed to get another quilt done. This is one of the community projects we are doing at Monday Motivators. 

Detail of quilting - I know - pattern of the week!!!!   Oh well - I could do that one in my sleep now!!!!



And yesterday while we were stitching away, Elaine S was looking on the internet and found the most GORGEOUS embroidery pattern that WE HAD TO HAVE. Called a local store and it is winging its way to us as I speak!!!!!!   Like I need another embroidery pattern!!!!

But I am going to try and have an embroidery club. Well all hand work will be allowed!!!   I am aiming for Wednesday mornings. No more free Wednesdays this month, but I will be putting out dates for November and December soon.

Now I had the strangest dream last night. I don't normally remember my dreams, but this one was very weird.  I was dying. I know - where did that come from? I had everything ready and then lay down waiting to die. After a few minutes, I said - ENOUGH OF THIS. I am NOT READY and got up and walked away. Hmmmmm - they had a dream analyst on the radio yesterday morning. Perhaps this was in the back of my mind. Anyway - I didn't like the lady and maybe I was protesting!!!!!


Oh yes - it was book club last night and I finished The Hunger Games in the nick of time. What an interesting discussion we had. I did NOT want to read the book, but it was a very good book and a LOT of interesting angles that you could look at it. Now I have to read Book Two and Book Three. If you read the book - did you equate the Capital as Hollywood?????   Oh yeah - that was an interesting angle, but very appropriate.

Well on that note - my day is all turned around. I am EXCITED, but I better calm down so I can make the best use of the next couple of hours.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   (get out some embroidery!!!!!!!!!!!   - do pillow cases, do table runners, do sheets - OH MY GOD - we are turning into our mothers!!!!!!!!!!!!)



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. After I get "All About "B" finished my next start will be "Winter Wonderland" so will be looking for some pointers from all of the talented embroiderers.

    Maryv

    ReplyDelete