Thursday, October 17, 2013

Say it isn't so..............................



OK so there is good news and there is bad news.


The good news is this...................

Yes - more work done on the spring samplers and see the one on the right is ALMOST DONE. The blocks are all sewn, the bottom 3/4 of the blocks are even sewn together. I just need to dig out some spacers for the top and then it too can be sewn together.    Did I mention that I have a sit n sew tomorrow and wanted them done by then?????




HOWEVER - the bad news is this.....................




So this is the flower block for the second spring sampler. Have a close look - do you see what I did?????   How about that flower stem on the left?????   YES - I sewed the stupid leaf on the wrong side of the stem. So that means that the stem doesn't match up with the flower. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????????????


I guess I should be thankful that I only screwed up on ONE of the stems, not both. However I am certain that I have no more of that fabric and I have to be careful - I do NOT want to re applique that stem.

But YES - I will be so HAPPY to get these spring samplers done!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And I still have to sew the mommy bird together and finish that block. Oh yippeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Room for more mistakes!!!!!

I did some playing yesterday (yes - it was on the TO DO list). I will share that with you tomorrow after I share it with my art group this morning.

And I have NINE people coming tomorrow so I have a busy day today - got to make lunch for them and finish cleaning up the studio. Never mind that I need to get back into the quilting mode!!


On that note - I am off to search for some blue fabric.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment