Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sit n Sew - Productivity!!!!!!!!!



There were only four ladies at the Sit n Sew on Sunday, but boy did they work!!!!


Linda was back with her Family Tree quilt.
She did some of the stitching at home and got FIVE more blocks done on Sunday. I believe there were FOUR blocks left to stitch when she left here. Now there is applique on the border and there is another border with lots of applique. But she is making GREAT progress. I see she sent me a link for this kit ON SALE - half price. I am tempted, but I really really should NOT. I already have a different one to do. 

Katheleen was busy working on these blocks. And then she worked on something else and I did NOT take a picture and do you think I can remember what it was????   Oh boy!!!!

Ronda was busy at work on her GORGEOUS log cabin quilt. I just love love love this. But I have something exciting to counter HER log cabin.  Show you in the next post. 
And this is a SMALL lob cabin (OK - there are FOUR blocks there) that she worked on in a class I taught a LONG time ago. She carries it around in her WALLET as she in on the look out for a neat frame for it!!!!   Now I would make these tiny blocks in a heart beat, but I don't have time. OK - so that is a LIE - I am just choosing to work on something else!!!!!
Ronda also got this pencil case made for her son. I forgot to ask if it in fact was long enough for the pencils to fit in????   And in case you didn't know - this fabric is from the O Canada line by Northcott. I hear the FLANNEL version of this has just been released. Check your local store TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sharron was busy and got TWO quilts quilted on the long arm. 

Since there were only four people here and neither Sharron nor Linda needed help from me, I figured that I could try and get something done.


Binding on a community project DONE!!!!!

Binding on another community project - DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Binding on a THIRD quilt - DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Now there is a BIG problem when people come to my house to sew. Or even seeing what they are working on at Monday Motivators. In a lot of cases, I have the same pattern partially complete or I have the pattern or it turns out to be something new that I MUST work on.

In September, when Linda was here, she was working on a tumbling block quilt. I pulled mine out and it needed ONE seam down the center of the quilt and then borders. Well this is what that quilt looks like now...............


Tumbling blocks - with borders on 


Now of course there is a story about that outer border. The fabric for the two borders was in the box. Good and there seems to be lots. No problem with the black, but when it came to put the multi-coloured on, I had to do some calculalating as I also wanted the binding the same colour. After figuring and refiguring - I cut and sewed the border on.

BUT when I went to cut the binding - I had miscalculated and I was going to be short ONE strip. Oh dear - this seems to be a common theme these days. WAIT A MINUTE - this is a Fossil Fern and at one time, I was stashing the Fossil Ferns in a drawer. The drawer - well it was right there under the cutting table and when I opened it up - guess what fell out..............



YES - there is that SAME FABRIC

Turns out I had not one, but TWO FQs of the same fabric


Shoot - now if I would have known that, I would have cut the borders a smidgen bigger. Oh well - not to worry. The binding strips are sewn together - just need to be pressed and the backing is chosen - just needs to be sewn together.


I have some leftover pieces from this quilt and thanks to Linda - I have a plan for them and hope to get working on that soon. And there you have it - how easy is it for me to get diverted. Takes NOTHING and I am off on a tangent - but HEY - this will soon be a completed UFO. Actually there will be two at some point - but something less for someone else to deal with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have been up to some more NO GOOD, but I am off to yoga so will have to wait for another post.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment