Friday, April 17, 2015

Creatures of habit.................


Have you ever noticed how much you are a creature of habit? As much as I have very different days, there are certain things that just happen because of habit. The gym is one of those habits. Even though I might be crazy busy these days, I don't once think about missing that spin class three times a week. Even when they changed the start time from 6:15 to 6:00 - it just feels right to go.

And I had another amazing ride this morning - 31 KM in one hour. I do my stretches, relax in the steam room and chat to a few people. Yes - it is all good. I have been doing Pilates once a week and I find that I am becoming much more comfortable with the exercises.  Oh boy - some of the moves - just weren't happening at the beginning, but now? Well I am much better. A long way to go but better. The timing of that class isn't worked into my habits yet and I have trouble getting there, but I'm never late. If I could only figure out a time to work in a couple of other classes in particular some weights - I would be doing just great!

My dogs are definitely creatures of habit although I think it is the owners who make them that way!  If meal time is late or god forbid you forget the after meal treat - they are not happy!!!

Anyway - I have to get caught up on posting my pictures. Here is some of the work that the Monday ladies were working on. Not this past Monday, but the Monday before that. Such a creative and talented group of people who produce a LOT!!!!


Jan is making great progress on her Stepping Stones (Judy Neimeyer) pattern.  I think I heard her say this past week that she has ALL the blocks done. Now to lay them out and sew together. It is going to be awesome. I want to make this quilt too, but didn't have a lot of light batiks. Well on my travels last week - I found a bundle of light batik strips which will go nicely with the dark batiks that I have.  Although - I think I told myself that I wasn't allowed to prep another project?  Oh no - that one was on the cutting mat and so it is allowed!!!!
Jan's Stepping Stones

Joyce working on a reversible quilt made with the Batting Buddy Ruler


Ah - the Chubby Charmer bag. A lot of the group have made one, but not everyone. We have made numerous modifications to the original and I don't even need the pattern any more to make it. I think I counted the other day - I now have six or maybe seven of them and I love them all!!!!  And make use of them all.
Claudette working on her Chubby Charmer

Detail of the stitching (quilting) on Claudette's Chubby Charmer
 Many of the ladies take classes and end up finishing the projects at the sewing days.
Karen was finishing up her Baffled Quilt!
 And then there is the mystery quilt that everyone is working on.


Mary's version
Maria's version
Diane was working on hers, but I think she had a little bit of a thread problem happening here!!!
Joyce was working on a different mystery and almost done
 And then we have Nancy. Nancy just comes to play. She loads up a bucket of fabric.
A bucket of fabric


Ooops - NO this is a bucket of fabric
 She is working on a quilt from a designer that I want to start a new quilt. Do not even ask!!!!   I can't help myself.  I am sorely and sadly addicted to this quilting thing. I think they should do studies on quilters - what makes them obsessive - the quilting, the need to make things, what drives us???   And in case you think I am the only loonie toon quilter out there - nope - there are millions of us. Including some who purchase not one, not two, but THREE copies of the same book.  That was NOT me who did that. Check out the comment on the blog a couple of days ago!   I love it - knowing that I am not alone!


And let's not forget Nancy's funky new BATIK shoes
 When questioned about where she purchased those shoes, it turns out that she bought all the ones in my size!!!!!   Well - saved some money I suppose.



A while back, I taught a class on the Freeport Gatherer bag. Joyce very diligently worked on hers and sewed the handles on. She is done!!!!!!!!


Joyce's Freeport Gatherer bag
Mary won this sewing machine skirt at the Etobicoke Quilt show. Looks awesome!!!!
Another new project - SELVEDGES.  So we had to collect a few from Nancy's stash bucket


This one is pretty cool
 And what did I work on that Monday?????    Hand stitching down a binding. Yeah - BUT the important thing is that I completed a job for a customer and it is gone!!!!


Binding on customer quilt - DONE!!!!


There seems to be a conspiracy going on at Monday. That is to fatten us all up!!!!   It was Karen's birthday and she brought in yummy and gorgeously decorated cookies for us.
Birthday cookies - yummy!!!!!


And Diane's Mom made us these awesome cookies as well - yes I had to try one of each kind!

 So you see what I mean????   There are just too many cookies. If I didn't eat cookies - I would weight practically nothing!!!!  I heard that two of the top five food addictions were cookies and chocolate. Crap - why can't they make that stuff so it is good for you!!!!


Well - it is a crazy day again today. I don't mind being busy - I hate the deadlines so must get that sorted out so I can work ahead of the deadlines. Yeah - right!


On that note - I am out of here.

Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment